John Thomas has over 40 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. In his role as Regional Engineering Operation Manager, Mr. Thomas oversees a team of 25 mechanics supporting approximately 6.8 million square feet of office and retail space in Hampton Roads.
As a part of his duties, Mr. Thomas oversees technical support and training in CBRE's Mid South Offices in Richmond, Charlottesville, Norfolk, VA and Raleigh and Greensboro, NC. He provides support to technicians in Tennessee, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Georgia.
Mr. Thomas works to develop and update preventative maintenance and engineering procedures, oversees implementation of programs to ensure compliance with safety programs and procedures, as well as assisting with due diligence and building evaluations.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Virginia Class "A" Contractors License, 2005
- BOMA SMA Certification, 1982
- Loyola College, MD, BA, Psychology
- 150 West Main Street, Norfolk - 265,000 SF Class "A" Office
- 500 East Main Street, Norfolk - 230,000 SF Class "A" Office
- Retail & Medical Office Portfolio - 762,000 SF Retail
- Industrial - 1,000,000+ SF
- HVAC Systems and Controls
- Life safety system inspections
- Equipment retrofits and upgrades
- Project and Construction Management