Prior to joining CBRE, John Read worked for a national commercial real estate brokerage firm specializing in the acquisition, disposition, and marketing of investment properties throughout California and the western states. By leveraging the company’s nationwide network of investment property specialists, John quickly became one of the company’s top producing brokers for the region. With his past real estate and transactional experience, John understands the importance of providing his clients with a multi-discipline brokerage platform, superior marketing, and a team approach to ensure superior results in today's investment market.
John and the National Retail Investment Group-West team are recognized as industry leader investment experts with specialization in portfolio, anchored centers, strip centers, single tenant assets, specialty retail projects, “distressed” assets and parcelized disposition strategy opportunities in the western states for institutional and private capital clients. Leveraging their institutional quality knowledge, broad based and cooperative marketing strategies, and unparalleled access to private capital investors, the Team has completed over 535 retail transactions totaling more than $8.5 billion in value since 2000.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed California Real Estate Salesperson
- Member, NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties)
- Member, ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- Candidate, CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- NAIOP Young Professionals Group (YPG) - Class of 2010-2011
- 2006, “Partner Circle Award” recipient recognizing the top producing brokers nationwide (Sperry Van Ness)
- Contributor to Western Real Estate Business and other real estate publications.
- California State University, Fullerton, Bachelor of Arts; Business Administration
- Kearny Real Estate Company
- Black Lion Investment Group
- CW Capital Asset Management
- US Bank
- GE Capital
- JE Robert Companies (C-III Asset Management)
- The Abbey Company
- Lincoln Property Company
- Kensington Real Estate Group
- First City Financial
- Northeast Bank
- GEM Realty Capital
- Retail Centers Investment Group
- PS Business Parks, Inc.
- Carlton Browne & Company
- Ewing Development
- AOS Development, Inc.
- Mobile Park Investments, Inc.
- TL Fabrications, LP
- Newport Medical Instruments