Mr. Miller has over 24 years of experience in commercial real estate. He joined CBRE in 2012 as Managing Director of Brokerage Services for the Puget Sound Region. In this role, Mr. Miller oversees regional brokerage and advisory activities.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Miller served as Senior Managing Director for Cushman & Wakefield, where he led the company’s brokerage, property management and project management operations in the Puget Sound Region beginning in 2004. From 2006 to 2010, he also served as Senior Managing Director of Cushman & Wakefield of Oregon. Under his direction, revenues tripled in the Puget Sound Region and the brokerage presence in the Pacific Northwest grew from 27 to 48 transactional professionals.
Having experience with a broad range of distressed and challenging assets, Mr. Miller worked as a receiver and consultant with special servicers and lending institutions such as New York Life, Bank of America, Union Bank and Sterling Savings Bank. His extensive experience within the commercial real estate industry includes work in property, facility, and asset management, as well as financial analysis, tenant services, lease negotiation and construction management.
From 1997 to 2004, Mr. Miller spent eight years at Unico Properties, including the past five years as the General Manager of the Metropolitan Tract., a 1.7 million square foot real estate portfolio in downtown Seattle. He was responsible for the re-positioning of Unico’s downtown assets, including the execution of a five-year, $100 million property renovation plan. Prior to his appointment as General Manager, Mr. Miller’s role was Corporate Controller for Unico until 1999. He also served in that role for Alaska Northwest Properties, Inc., a former real estate subsidiary of Alaska Air Group from 1992 to 1997.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Washington State University, National Board of Advisors
– Dean’s Advisory Board - 2014 to present
– Real Estate Advisory Board - 2007 to 2011; Chairman - 2010
- Commercial Brokers Association, Board Member - 2005 to present; President - 2011
- Boys & Girls Clubs of King County, Corporate Board - 2002 to 2010; Building Committee Chairman – 2005 to 2009
- Metropolitan Improvement District (MID), Chairman - 2008
- NAIOP, Member
- BOMA, Member
- LMA Partnership Award – Microsoft
- Recognized as a “40 under 40” by the Puget Sound Business Journal, 2004
Named as a Rising Star by Commercial Property News, 2007
- Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts; Business Accounting
- University of Washington Real Estate Certification program, 2000