As the Executive Managing Director for CBRE’s San Diego and North Baja Mexico business, John Frager oversees more than 250 real estate professionals in three office locations. He is responsible for the successful integration of multiple business lines while leveraging the expertise of CBRE’s professionals to ensure that clients seize opportunities and make highly informed decisions. Mr. Frager also acts as chair of CBRE’s California Political Advisory Committee and as chief of staff for the Southern California and Hawaii Division. In this role, he directly supports the president in the executive management and operations of the firm’s 16 local offices – including greater Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and Hawaii – and oversees the coordination and planning of business activities of all lines of business.
Mr. Frager has spent 24 years of his 32-year career in commercial real estate with CBRE, holding various executive positions. He has served on Americas Operating Management Board in two separate roles, and he received the CBRE James J. Didion Leadership Award twice. From 2002-2010, Mr. Frager was President & CEO of Cassidy Turley San Diego.
After earning his degree in 1980 from the University of Southern California, Mr. Frager spent six years serving the country in the United States Navy. Upon completion of aviator training, he performed tours in the Philippines, Japan and Guam as a helicopter pilot before being appointed as the Special Advisor to the Commander of the Royal Saudi Naval Air Forces. While serving in Saudi Arabia, Mr. Frager was awarded a Naval Commendation Medal for his efforts in country, successfully building relations with the Royal Saudi Navy and French Navy and establishing a permanent US Navy presence.
Community and Industry Involvement
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County - Board of Directors
Pathfinder Partners Funds, Advisory Council
- Padres Pedal the Cause, Board Member
- RJL's Multi-Strategy Growth & Income Fund, Independent Trustee
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- University of San Diego, Board of Trustees
- YPO San Diego Gold Chapter of Young Presidents' Organization, past Chairman
- University of Southern California (1980), B.A. Business Administration
- GE Corporate Financial Services, YPO/GE Presidents’ Course (2004)
- Wharton, Corporate Governance Course (2002)
- YCA Corp., Project Management Course (2000)
- Stanford, Advanced Management College (1999)
- Stanford, Financial Management (1999)
- University of California, Davis, Strategic Planning (1998)
- University of California, Davis, Analyzing & Improving Operations (1998)
- University of California, San Diego, Real Estate Finance & Development Courses