Based in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Borden currently serves as Senior Global Alliance Director to AT&T, where he leads the CBRE team delivering a variety of services on global basis for AT&T’s Corporate Real Estate Portfolio. CBRE’s service lines include Advisory and Transaction Management, Project Management, Facility Management, and Strategic Consulting. This portfolio is spread over 70,000 sites and over 66 countries.
Previously, Mr. Borden was most recently responsible for providing strategic program oversight of CBRE’s facilities maintenance and repair program to JCPenney’s 110 MSF retail portfolio. Over a 3 year period, he and his team improved the quality of the repair and maintenance program while delivering a reduction in FM operating expenses of nearly 30%.
Mr. Borden has also served as the Managing Director of CBRE’s FM and Technical Solutions Group. In that role, Mr. Borden was responsible for business development, FM transitions, and ongoing management of technical consulting and select facility management accounts. John oversaw a team of over 300 client-based personnel focused on delivering Operations, Maintenance and Engineering services to a variety of industries. In addition, John also directed a team of Facility Management professionals focused on providing technical solutions for existing and prospective clients. Team offerings included organizational and service delivery design, cost estimating, transition leadership and a variety of consulting assignments. In this capacity, John was directly involved with over 3000 FM maintenance personnel transitioning to CBRE, representing over 300 Million square feet.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CoreNet Global
- ICSC -International Council of Shopping Centers
- PRSM - Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association
- CBRE University Advanced Industrial Program, December 2012
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM); IFMA, March 2007
- Authorized OSHA General Industry Trainer; US Dept of Labor, July 2004
- Certified Plant Engineer (CPE); AFE, May 1998
- Certified ISO 9000 Quality Auditor; Perry Ellis Associates, Nov. 1997
- CBRE Leadership Award, 2015
- CBRE Account Excellence Award, 2014
- CBRE Change Management Award, 2013
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; BS in Mechanical Engineering