Based in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Borden currently serves as a Division Director for CBRE’s Global Workplace Services South Division. In this role, Mr. Borden has strategic oversight for client accounts headquartered in the south-central United States. With a broad background in multiple industries including retail, technology/telecom, manufacturing and industrial sectors, Mr. Borden assists clients with creating value in their real estate portfolio by leveraging the breadth of CBRE’s full suite of services. Mr. Borden is committed to enabling his clients achieve a competitive advantage by offering thought-leadership in real estate strategy, coupled with strong governance practices and operational excellence in the services CBRE provides.
Mr. Borden has served CBRE’s South Division since 2013, where he led account-based CBRE teams delivering a variety of services for Dallas-based Fortune 500 Corporate companies, supporting their corporate real estate strategies, driving efficiencies, and reducing the total cost of ownership within their real estate portfolios. Scope of responsibilities include Advisory and Transaction Management, Project Management, Facility Management, and Strategic Consulting.
Mr. Borden’s earlier work with CBRE included leading CBRE’s FM and Technical Solutions Group. In that role, Mr. Borden was responsible for business development, technical consulting and ongoing management of accounts focused on technical operations, engineering and maintenance of client assets. Team offerings also included analyses of organization structure and service delivery design, implementing operational best practices, transition leadership and a variety of technical consulting assignments. In this capacity, Mr. Borden was directly responsible for over 3000 FM maintenance personnel transitioning to CBRE, representing over 300 MSF.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CoreNet Global
- ICSC – International Council of Shopping Centers
- PRSM - Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM); IFMA, 2007
- Authorized OSHA General Industry Trainer, 2004
- Certified Plant Engineer (CPE); AFE, May 1998
- Certified ISO 9000 Quality Auditor, 1997
- CBRE Accelerate – Enterprise Leadership Program, 2019
- Columbia University – Leading Strategic Growth, 2015
- CBRE – Advanced Industrial Program, 2012
- CBRE Leadership Award, 2015
- CBRE Account Excellence Award, 2014
- CBRE Change Management Award, 2013
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; BS in Mechanical Engineering