Within CBRE’s & Global Occupier Practice Group, Joe O’Brien provides strategic advice, analysis and transaction brokerage services to Corporate “Occupier” of office and industrial facilities in vertical markets such as government contracting, financial services, public education, technology and telecommunications. Drawing on his 25+ years of commercial brokerage and development experience, Joe offers a unique and seasoned perspective in the most complex real estate transactions involving real estate development, construction, project finance, and transaction brokerage.
Considered a problem-solver and strategist, Joe uses his experience and skill sets, to deliver superior results on behalf of his clients including Wells Fargo, DynCorp International, General Dynamics, Iridium Communications, E*Trade and Nissan North America. His non-profit and public education experience includes representation of Alexandria City Public Schools (86,000 SF 15-year consolidation/relocation) and Arlington County Government (235,000 SF renewal).
On behalf of his tenant clients, Joe has negotiated complex transactions with the country’s most prominent public and private real estate investors and property owners including Vornado, Washington Real Estate Investment Trust (Wash REIT), Duke Realty, TIAA-CREF, ING, Prologis, and Lincoln Property Company.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- The McLean Orchestra Board of Trustees – 2013 - Current
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors (1999-2000)
- Telecom HUB (Sponsor)
- Wachovia Bank | 500,000 SF | Lease Acquisition and Disposition
- Arlington County Government | 235,000 SF | Lease Renewal
- General Dynamics Network Systems | 165,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Sunrise Senior Living | 150,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- E*Trade Financial | 175,000 SF | Lease Acquisition and Disposition
- DynCorp International | 85,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Reilly Mortgage Corp | 45,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Alexandria City Public Schools | 86,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. | 55,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Nissan North America | 60,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- FOLIOfn, Inc. | 50,000 SF | Lease Acquisition
- Iridium Communications | 36,000 SF | Lease Expansion and Acquisition
- E*Trade Financial
- FOLIOfn, Inc.
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Arlington County
- General Dynamics
- Iridium Communications
- Nissan North America
- Wells Fargo Bank