Jim Harding was the Senior Manager in EY’s Real Estate Advisory Services Group. With over eleven years of experience in the real estate industry, Jim specializes in the development and execution of corporate real estate (CRE) strategy and operations management. Prior to joining EY, Jim was the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Real Estate for the Corporate Real Estate Services group of Barclays Capital in the Americas. As COO his core responsibilities were all core CRE processes, service delivery model, project delivery / program management, compensation management, communications, financial management, budget and fiscal management, business intelligence, management information and reporting. He also led all real estate M&A activity including the real estate Workstream stream for the acquisition of Lehman Brothers, among others.
Prior to that he was Director of Corporate Real Estate Strategy at HSBC in both global and regional (Americas) roles. In this latter role he owned the development and deployment of their Alternate Workplace Strategy (AWS) program in North America. He managed the program from inception through proof of concept to deployment. Prior to this he worked on portfolio planning and transaction management across EMEA for General Electric. Jim is a practicing certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Developed and implemented an AWS program for a major financial services firm in North America as a Six Sigma Black Belt project. Overall AWS program manager with key focus areas on business case development and approval, delivery of change management, pilot study implementation, real estate strategy and planning impact. Overall cross functional project leader across business continuity, HR, IT and CRE
- As Regional COO of a corporate real estate group, deep understanding of Financial Services business processes as well as strong financial management, operational strategy, governance, and risk management
- As Americas Head of Real Estate for an Investment Bank, fluent in real estate market dynamics, portfolio strategy, long range planning, transactional activity and optimization
- Strong program administration skills. Lead the corporate real estate work stream for the acquisition and integration of an investment bank for a major financial services organization. Developed and led the post integration implementation of the CRE functional strategy, optimizing the real estate footprint and cost base, implementing a strategic vendor alignment program, re-balancing of its strategic priorities and the implementation of a performance management culture and supporting architecture
- Sheffield Hallam University (UK), Masters; Property Valuation and Management
- The University of Leeds (UK), Bachelor of Science; Geological Sciences