Jim Chynoweth serves as Managing Director for the CBRE office in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a position he has held since 2004. In addition, he holds a leadership role for Retail Advisory and Transaction Services in the Mountain/Southwest region.
As Managing Director of the Albuquerque office, Mr. Chynoweth leads 50 professionals across multiple service lines, including Advisory & Transaction Services, Investment Properties, Asset Management, Debt & Structured Finance and Valuation & Appraisal Services. In this role he is responsible for the successful integration of these business lines for the benefit of CBRE’s clients. He is also responsible for business development, recruiting the best talent and insuring that clients receive best of class service. By putting the needs of the client first, Mr. Chynoweth has transformed the Albuquerque office into a client-centric real estate service firm able to meet the needs of the unique New Mexico market.
In 2015, Mr. Chynoweth took on the leadership role for Retail Advisory & Transaction Services in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona and Las Vegas. In this capacity he is in charge of business development, recruiting and team building for the retail real estate professional in this geography.
Mr. Chynoweth has over 29 years of experience in the commercial real estate business. Prior to entering into his management role, Mr. Chynoweth was recognized as the foremost industrial broker in New Mexico.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Albuquerque Economic Development, Inc. - Executive Board of Directors 2011 - present, Secretary 2017
- NAIOP (National Association of Industrial & Office Properties - Board of Directors 2009-present, 2004-2005,1995-1997, Chairman 2014
- CARNM (Commercial Association of REALTORS - New Mexico) - Past President 2001, Board of Directors 1998-2002, Professional Standards Committee 2003-2015
- Economic Forum - Board of Directors 2014 - present, Chairman 2016
- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce - Board Member 2013 - 2015
- Real Estate Education Foundation - Past Board Member 2007-2015, Board President 2009-2010, Guest Lecturer
- United Way of Central New Mexico - Vision Society Committee 2009-2015, Chair 2010
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History Foundation - Board of Directors 2010-2012
- RANM (Realtors Association of New Mexico) - Board of Directors 2001-2002, 2009, Legislative Committee - 2009 - 2016
- Business Policy Network - Director 2001
- New Mexico Roundtable for Educational Excellence - Board Member 2001-2003
- Commercial Association of Realtors – NM (CARNM) 2004 “Realtor of the Year”
- Albuquerque Business First Power Broker – 2004 - Present
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) – Past Designee
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) – Past Designee
- University of Arizona, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration, Major in Real Estate and Finance