Jerry Frey is a seasoned real estate professional currently specializing in representing all types of occupiers of office space, utilizing a solution based approach to all phases of strategy development, execution and transaction management for a wide variety of corporate clientele. Relative to a client-based sub-specialty, he is also a member of CBRE’s highly regarded Law Firm Practice Group, which only has 57 members internationally that collaborate to service the unique real estate needs of the legal industry.
Jerry Frey joined CBRE in 1992 following a 15 year career in real estate finance and institutional asset management, brokerage, consulting, public sector securitization and asset sales. His ensuing tenure with CBRE until June of 2007 as a corporate executive complements his transactional background with a wealth of experience gained as Managing Director of the central Texas region for the global leader in real estate services.
His activities prior to CBRE focused primarily on solving the needs of developers and investors drawing from his background within the disciplines of real estate, finance and accounting. Previous relevant employment was with the real estate division of MBank-Dallas as Senior Vice President functioning as department manager for an $800 Million construction/development loan portfolio and later moving to handling impaired assets, troubled debt restructures, and REO management/dispositions for $200 Million in foreclosed realty. He later served as Regional Coordinator for the CMBS program at the Resolution Trust Corporation (RTC), placing over $2 Billion in rated and non-rated mortgage backed securities while interfacing with prominent investment banking houses on Wall Street.
As the market leader and senior executive for CBRE in central Texas beginning in July of 2000, Jerry doubled the sales force and tripled revenue in less than seven years, achieving record profitability and margins, as well. His heavy involvement in industry and community organizations provided an important adjunct to his corporate management duties. During that period, CBRE was clearly recognized as the premier real estate services firm in Austin/San Antonio. His perspective and insight from those accomplishments make him particularly well suited to having meaningful dialog with C-level officers in the corporate arena about their myriad needs. Jerry also worked for five years as CBRE's Southwest Region Manager for the Financial Consulting Group, which performed sophisticated discounted cash flow modeling for institutional owners and major corporations having requirements in Denver, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Albuquerque and other southwestern geographies with presentation output in pre-tax, after-tax and GAAP basis formats. Finally, from 1997 - 2000, he served as Managing Director for CBRE in Houston as a line manager covering all its brokerage activities in greater Houston.
- Downtown Austin Alliance, Board Chair (2015 - Present)
- Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Development Council (2004-08)
- Greater Austin Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors (2005-09)
- Greater Austin Economic Development Corporation, Chairman and Site Consultant Event Committee, (2005)
- Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA)
- Board of Directors (2003-07)
- Committee Member - Transportation Committee
- University of Texas Real Estate Finance and Investment Center at McCombs School of Business, Chairman, Site Consultant Event Committee, (2001-08)
- State Bar of Texas and Texas Society of CPAs, Guest Instructor
- CBRE Didion Leadership Award, 2000
- CBRE National Project Manager for Strategic Business Initiatives, 1999 - 2000
- During his career at CBRE, Mr. Frey has had direct involvement in successful transactions exceeding 25 Million Square Feet of Investment offerings and Leasehold Requirements, equating to gross consideration of more than $1.8 Billion.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Business Administration; Finance, 1976
- University of Texas, Graduate School of Business, 1976-77
- Southern Methodist University, Southwestern Graduate School of Banking, 1984
- MIT Center For Real Estate, "REITs and the Capital Markets" Course, July, 2000
- Licensed as a Real Estate Broker by the Texas Real Estate Commission
- FIC Insurance Group
- Blockbuster Video
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRST)
- Charles Schwab
- Bechtel Corporation
- Amstar Group
- Accenture (Formerly Andersen Consulting)
- Raytheon (Formerly Hughes)
- Jackson Walker
- American Power Conversion Corp. (Schneider Electric)
- Gerson Lehrman Group
- United Healthcare
- Consulate of Mexico
- Federal Insurance Company (CHUBB)
- Tomen - America, Inc. (Toyota Tsusho)
- Pearson VUE