James Mitchell, Senior Vice President at CBRE, is a trusted advisor to his clients and a recognized market leader in the Florida retail brokerage business. During the past 15 years, Mr. Mitchell has executed more than $750 million in transactions on behalf of his clients.
He focuses his business model on site acquisition, disposition and transaction management for national and regional users of retail real estate. A specific focus within this model, Mr. Mitchell specializes in tenant representation of large retail anchors, junior anchors, outparcel and inline users. During his 15 year tenure at CBRE, Mr. Mitchell has represented notable retailers such as Office Depot, McDonalds, Charles Schwab, Boot Barn, SunTrust Bank, Chevron, RaceTrac Petroleum, PGA TOUR Superstore, 5th/3rd Bank and Smile Brands Dental in their go-to-market expansion. Additionally, he specializes in surplus property disposition for many of these clients. Mr. Mitchell has extensive knowledge of all the markets in Florida and has excellent working relationships with the local, regional and national developers/landlords that own and develop in these respective markets.
Mr. Mitchell also provides landlord advisory services to retail developers and large institutions to assist them in their full development process from initial land acquisition to full lease up and eventual exit sale. Currently, Mr. Mitchell represents over 1.2 million square feet of institutional grade retail product as well as several ground-up new retail developments.
Additionally, Mr. Mitchell is a member of the CBRE Retail Advisory Council (RAC). The RAC is a global group of hand-picked retail brokers collaborating with CBRE senior management to guide the overall direction and macro strategy of CBRE Retail Services.
Mr. Mitchell’s two main goals are to accelerate his clients’ success while at the same time create a great client experience.
- Registered Florida Salesperson
- CCIM Candidate
- Retailer One on One - Committee Member
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- CBRE Retail Services Group
- Top 5 Broker for CBRE Orlando – 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Top 10 Broker for CBRE Orlando – 2008, 2010-2017
- Top 25 Broker for CBRE Florida – 2008, 2010-2012, 2014-2017
- #1 Retail Broker CBRE Florida – 2011, 2012, 2014-2017
- Top 3 Retail Broker for CBRE Florida – 2008, 2010-2017
- Top 10 Retail Broker for CBRE Eastern Region – 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Top 20 Retail Broker for CBRE Eastern Region - 2011, 2013, 2014-2017
- Top 25 Retail Broker for CBRE National Retail Services – 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- CBRE America's Top 300 Producer- 2016
- CBRE America's Top 600 Producer - 2015, 2016, 2017
- NAIOP Central Florida Retail Broker of the Year – 2012-2017
- McDonald’s Retail Broker of the Year - Florida Region – 2008, 2012, 2013
- McDonald’s Top Producer Award – Florida Region – More than 70 Deals Completed
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Central Florida
- Bachelor of Science, Finance, University of Florida
- CBRE University, Advanced Retail Graduate
- Fifth Third Bank - Disposition representation, Central and Gulf Coast of Florida
- Bank of America - Bank Branch Disposition, State of Florida
- McDonald's - Strategic planning, site selection, and transaction management, Central, North and Gulf Coast of Florida
- SunTrust Bank - Disposition brokerage representation, Central and North Florida
- PGA Tour Superstore - Strategic planning and representation, Central Florida
- RaceTrac Petroleum - Single point of contact, $28M national sale-leaseback portfolio. Acquisition brokerage representation, Central Florida
- Kitson & Partners - Landlord Representation on 1.5M± SF, Central Florida Portfolio
- Bank of America
- BB&T Bank
- Boot Barn
- E-Z Rent A Car
- Fifth Third Bank
- Kitson & Partners
- Office Depot
- PGA Tour Superstore
- RaceTrac Petroleum
- Red Wing Shoes
- Smile Brands, Inc.
- SunTrust Bank
- Trammell Crow Development
- Yogo Berry
- Yum Brands