James Graber, MAI, is a Vice President for CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services and is part of the Seniors Housing & Healthcare Specialty Group. Mr. Graber has been active in the real estate valuation industry for over a decade, completing assignments throughout the United States and abroad.
As part of the National Seniors Housing & Healthcare Specialty Group, Mr. Graber is the Eastern Division Leader with a team of six appraisers as well as is licensed throughout the region. With a focus on seniors housing, hospitals, medical office buildings, and other healthcare-oriented assets, services Mr. Graber provides include third-party valuations, operational due diligence, market studies, and feasibility analyses ranging from single-assets to large portfolios. Clients served include lenders, local and national investment firms, development and operating companies, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, private equity firms, pension funds, and REITs.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Graber was a Managing Director at Salus Valuation Group. While at Salus, he developed and directed a dynamic team within the seniors housing and healthcare valuation industry. Proceeding Salus Valuation Group, Mr. Graber was a Senior Appraiser with Aucamp, Dellenback, and Whitney, a commercial real estate valuation firm situated within the South Florida market, working on a wide-array of properties including healthcare, multifamily, office, special use, and industrial assets.
- Member of the Appraisal Institute
- Appraisal Institute Chapter University Relations Committee Member
- American Seniors Housing Association
- National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry
- Interface Seniors Housing Southeast: Panel Participant, Getting Good Data
- Kansas State University, B.S.
- Major: Business Administration
- Appraisal Institute Coursework During the Past Several Years
- Review Theory – General, 2016
- National Appraising for the Supervisor and Trainee, 2016
- The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), 2016
- Florida Law for Real Estate Appraisers, 2016
- Advanced Income Capitalization, 2013
- Advanced Concepts and Case Studies, 2013
- Income Capitalization Approach I, 2011
- Income Capitalization Approach II, 2011
- General Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use, 2011
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach, 2011
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach, 2011
- Capital One
- SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank
- Ocean Bank
- Hancock & Whitney Bank
- Bank of the West
- Key Bank