Jim’s extensive and diverse experience in staff development and leadership, tenant mix strategy, project repositioning, lease negotiation and construction project management has resulted in a strong track record of success for a diverse range of property types. His exceptional results are due to his keen ability to create a vision for each project, then maximizing the revenue potential of the project based on an intuitive understanding of a wide variety of businesses. Considered an expert in the field of restaurant real estate.
- 2010-PRESENT – Senior Vice President/Retail Services, CBRE, Inc. Global High Streets professional providing leasing, merchandising and consulting services to owners of regional malls, lifestyle centers and urban/mixed use properties, as well as providing growth strategies and tenant representation services for high-end restauranteurs and specialty retailers nationwide.
- 2003-2010 – Vice President of Leasing, Irvine Company Retail Properties. Developed and implemented merchandising and leasing strategies for a wide variety of centers in the company’s 8.4 million sq. ft. retail portfolio, with varied merchandising requirements and tenant composition. Projects included Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum Center, The Market Place, Corona del Mar Plaza and Crystal Cove Promenade.
- 1997-2003 – Director of Leasing, Irvine Company Retail Properties. Developed and executed leasing strategies for a variety of existing retail centers, as well as new development. Also merchandised and leased several new retail developments including The Market Place Phase III, Irvine Spectrum Center (phase 3 and 4) and Corona del Mar Plaza.
- 1995-1997 – Director of Leasing, Hollis & Associates. Responsible for the merchandising and leasing of the Irvine Company community/neighborhood shopping center portfolio.
- 1992-1995- Leasing Manager, Donahue Schriber. Responsible for the merchandising and leasing of the regional malls and power shopping centers. Projects included Glendale Galleria, Galleria of Tyler, Montebello Town Center and Anaheim Hills Festival.
- 1983-1992- Leasing Representative, Taubman Centers. Responsible for the marketing and leasing of such iconic centers as Beverly Center in Los Angeles, The Mall at Short Hills in Short Hills, NJ and Stamford Town Center in Stamford, CT.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Senior Certified Leasing Specialist (SCLS) & CLS Committee Member- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Member
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in California
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids Michigan, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration (with Distinction)
- South Coast Plaza
- Terramar Retail Centers
- Burbank Town Center
- Shoppes at Chino Hills
- Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Woodbine Development Corp.
- The River at Rancho Mirage
- Din Tai Fung
- Great Maple
- Red O Mexican Cuisine by Rick Bayless
- Joan’s on Third