Imran Ahmed is an Executive Managing Director for CBRE’s real estate investment banking business, CBRE Capital Advisors, Inc. At CBRE, he focuses on cross border capital flows into US real estate. Recent transaction activity includes:
- Advised TruAmerica on the formation of its joint venture with Harel Insurance (Israel), Guardian Life and Allstate Insurance to acquire a $546 million multifamily portfolio in southern California.
- Advised Lakemore Partners on the formation of joint venture partnerships to directly acquire U.S. asset portfolios, including a $210 million senior housing portfolio acquired in partnership with Life Care Services, and a $72mm select-service hotel portfolio acquired in partnership with Real Hospitality Group.
- Advised BMA International on the formation of a $50 million GP investment vehicle to acquire U.S. multifamily assets in partnership with BH Equities.
- Advised Seera Investment Bank on the acquisition and financing of a 1.0 million SF Class A logistics facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Advised KFH Capital Investment Company on the acquisition and Shari’a compliant financing of two select service hotels in New York City, and a Class A multifamily property in Miramar, Florida.
Advised BlackRock–Carbon Capital V and KFH Capital Investment Company on the discounted note purchase and restructuring of the financing for Florida Atlantic University R&D Park in Boca Raton, Florida, and restructuring of Ritz Carlton Residences, Chicago.
Mr. Ahmed brings significant advisory experience to CBRE having previously served as Co-Head of the Real Estate, Lodging and Gaming practice at KPMG Corporate Finance, where he advised Muthanna Investment Company and Nakheel United Real Estate Company on the restructuring of a large million square foot mixed-use development project in Bristol, UK, and advised the Oaktree and National Financial Realty joint venture on its acquisition of a 40 property Wells Fargo net leased portfolio. Prior to that, Mr. Ahmed served as Founding Partner and Chief Operating Officer of Ranieri Real Estate Partners LP raising a comingled institutional distressed debt fund, acquiring Berkshire Mortgage Company (now Berkeley Point Capital), an integrated multi-housing financing and servicing platform, and acquiring The Situs Companies, a real estate services platform.
Before Ranieri, Mr. Ahmed was a Managing Director in the Real Estate Investment Banking group at Deutsche Bank Securities where he was involved with over $100 billion of transaction activity in principal investments, M&A, equity and debt capital markets, structured finance and corporate advisory. Mr. Ahmed led a number of high profile real estate deals including the Related Companies’ sale of 25% non-voting minority interest, the Cosmopolitan Casino’s restructuring, sale of The Rouse Company to GGP, privatization of Hilton Hotels and Toy’s “R” Us, and various public and private capital raises for AIMCO, Avalon Bay, Corporate Office, First Industrial, iStar, Public Storage, and Vornado. He co-led the co-mingled fund raises for KTR Capital, Phillips Edison, and Kotak Real Estate (India). Mr. Ahmed was responsible for the Deutsche Bank real estate corporate and principal finance business in Middle East and South Asia, where he financed Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, and listed Indian real estate funds like Unitech Corporate Parks and Ishaan Real Estate on the London Stock Exchange.