Greg Young, Senior Managing Director, leads the Americas Integrated Data Center Operations service line for CBRE Data Center Solutions. In this role, Greg is responsible for the strategic direction, operational service delivery, and thought leadership for the group’s mission critical facility management, engineering, operations, and IT support services. Greg provides oversight to ensure successful implementation and delivery of CBRE’s proprietary risk management program, Critical Environment Risk Management (CERM™), inclusive of industry-leading tools, technology, and resources. Greg is also involved in business development, contract renewal, and client solution activities, where he collaborates with clients to understand their unique data center and IT needs to create bespoke solutions based on portfolio, tier requirements, and business objectives.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2013, Greg held many positions of increasing responsibility during his tenure at Johnson Controls which spanned 14 years. His most recently he was responsible to develop the Critical Environment (CE) Product, CE Strategy, and to ensure that strategy was implemented across accounts around the globe. Greg developed and led a CE Network of 900+ CE practitioners. Greg has extensive experience managing many different types of critical environments.
- Global Data Center Solutions Director - CBRE
- Global Critical Environment Program Manager – Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Customer Business Manager, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Sr. Operations Manager, Critical Environments – Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Process Engineer, Woodbridge Foam Corp
- Bachelor of Arts, Western Illinois University
- Associate of Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Ranken Technical College
- Uptime Institute