Gordon Hendry, First Vice President, is the Midwest regional leader of CBRE's Public Institutions and Education Group, a national team of commercial real estate professionals working extensively with public agencies and education institutions. He also assists leading companies and nonprofits in location decisions in the Indianapolis region.
He is experienced advising clients included elected officials on complex, high profile transactions. His range of services include public private partnerships, development consulting, strategic portfolio planning and optimization, market and financial analysis, highest and best use analysis, leases, acquisitions and dispositions, and RFP development and oversight.
Prior to joining CBRE, Gordon was the head of the Indy Partnership, 10-county regional economic development organization based in Indianapolis and the largest in Indiana. During his time at the Indy Partnership, Site Selection magazine named the organization as one of the top 10 economic development groups in the country.
Gordon also served as a senior advisor to Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson, including as the City's Director of Economic Development. As they Mayor's liaison to the business community, he oversaw all downtown and neighborhood development, business recruitment and outreach, job creation, public incentives, workforce development, airport and transportation issues, and business-related legislation before the Indiana General Assembly.
Before joining public service, he practiced business and real estate law at Ice Miller in Indianapolis. He was born and raised in Bloomington, Indiana and is a graduate of Indiana University, Bloomington, Phi Beta Kappa, and George Washington University Law School. He has also attended the London School of Economics.
In 2007 the Indianapolis Business Journal named him to its "Forty Under 40" List. He is frequently cited by local print and television media organizations on real estate and economic development matters and widely followed on Twitter (@GordonHendry) for his commentary.
- Indiana & Illinois Real Estate Broker Licenses
- Member of Indiana Bar
- Indiana State Board of Education, Board Member (appointed by Governor)
- Indiana University Hutton Honors College Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Indiana, former Board Member
- George Washington University Law School in Washington, D.C., JD
- Indiana University, B.A. with Distinction in Economics and Political Science, Phi Beta Kappa
- London School of Economics, General Course
- City of Ann Arbor, MI
- City of Urbana, IL
- City of Indianapolis
- City of Bloomington, IN
- Jackson County, MO (KC)
- Indianapolis Airport Authority
- Marion County Prosecutor's Office
- Marion County Coroner's Office
- Butler University
- General Electric (GE)
- Synopsys (SNPS)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- American Diabetes Association
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society