As a Director of Project Management with the CBRE team in downtown Chicago, Fred Brandstrader provides full program & project management services, including: building due diligence, full cycle planning / design / construction/ close-out project management services for both the hospitality and commercial sectors. Fred believes in a project management philosophy that is based on a) listening and understanding the needs, goals and expectations of the project stakeholders, b) facilitating communication of the project team while coordinating their strengths and weaknesses, and c) following through on project goals and close-out documentation. In addition to his Project Management role, Fred is the Leader for Hotel, Hospitality and Leisure for the CBRE Global Knowledge Network. In this capacity, Fred is the "go to specialist" for this Project Management platform and a resource for project managers and clients across the globe.
Fred has a depth of project experiences that have yielded success from his varied roles/capacities of the design-construction process:
- Project Architect - programmatic/space planning phase through the construction phase / managing staff to develop the design and construction documentation.
- Construction Manager - scheduling, pricing and managing sub-contracts.
- Owner’s Agent - managing all aspects of design and construction for multiple simultaneous projects in varied locations with budgeting, scheduling and financial reporting to investors.
Prior to joining CBRE, Fred served as Vice President of Construction for a Boston-based real estate company, Pyramid Advisors, responsible for all design-construction activity on the Midwest and West coast portfolio of properties (+$115M total program budget). Additionally, Fred was responsible for opening and managing the Chicago-based regional office and project management staff. His previous work experience includes being a Vice President of Construction at Lend Lease Real Estate Investments and as Project Executive at Bovis Lend Lease, Inc., working on property portfolios in markets across the country.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Architect since 1990
- IDOT Certification for Documentation of Contract Quantities
- President-American Institute of Architects (AIA) Chicago Chapter 2011
- Member of Lambda Alpha Ely Chapter – Land Economics Society
- Board President – of the Grant Park Orchestra Association: 2008 & 2009
- Steering Committee Chair for Burnham Memorial Competition Committee: 2008 - present
- Chair of Citizen Advisory Committee for RTA Cook-Dupage County Corridor Study: 2007- 2008
- Chair of I-290 Eisenhower Expressway Committee for Village of Oak Park: 2007- 2010
- Chair of the Stakeholders Advisory Committee for “Cap The Ike” Feasibility Study for Village of Oak Park: 2002 - 2006
- Chair of the Regional & Urban Design Committee for the AIA Chicago: 2001- 2004
- Delegate and Board Director for AIA Illinois: 2004-2006
- Board Member for Oak Park Residence Corporation: 2004- 2005
Marriott International Association - "Conversion of the Year" Award - 2008
Awarded President's Citation from American Institute of Architects (Chicago Chapter) - 2009
Commercial Real Estate Awards - Project Manager of the Year Finalist - 2011