Drew Schaul is Senior Vice President of Advisory and Transaction Services, specializing in retail representation of landlords and tenants. Schaul has more than 15 years of experience and has completed numerous transactions throughout South Florida and the country, with special concentration in national high-profile street retail, lifestyle centers and enclosed shopping destinations.
Schaul returns to CBRE after a seven-year tenure with Robert K. Futterman & Associates (RKF), where he established and led the firm’s Miami’s operations. He was the exclusive real estate representative for Brooks Brothers, Allen Edmonds, Steve Madden and ECI (a division of The Cordish Companies) across the country. Schaul has secured locations for prominent tenants in high-streets throughout South Florida, including John Varvatos and Zadig & Voltaire on Lincoln Road, Oliver Peoples in the Design District, Shake Shack in Mary Brickell Village, and Blue Bottle Coffee in Coconut Grove. His landlord agency experience includes notable assignments, such as Esplanade at Aventura and The Collection at Boca Town Center, on behalf of Seritage Growth Properties, as well as the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino at its Hollywood and Tampa locations, on behalf of Hard Rock International and The Cordish Companies. Drew also led the leasing team advising Rockpoint on the repositioning and releasing of Mary Brickell Village, an open-air top retail destination in Miami with 200,000-sq.ft. of retail space.
Schaul’s work also extends to investment sales; he guided a team that successfully completed more than $430 million in investment sales transactions in 2015 and 2016, primarily in the emerging retail submarkets of Wynwood and Design District, on behalf of Redsky Capital, L3 Capital, Tristar Capital and RFR. He was also involved in the two largest retail investment transactions in the history of South Beach at the time–the $132 million sale of 1100 Lincoln Road (127,000 sq. ft.) to Vornado Realty Trust and the $139 million sale of TriStar Capital’s 53,000-sq.-ft. retail portfolio on Lincoln Road, to Acadia Realty Trust.
He is member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and actively involved with Kristi House Charities.
- Steve Madden - 3 Times Square (Manhattan) - represented Tenant
- Steve Madden - Queens Center (Queens, NY) - represented Tenant
- Steve Madden - 440 Fulton Street (Brooklyn) - represented Tenant
- Braves Live! (28,000 sf) - The Battery at Suntrust Park (Atlanta) - represented Tenant
- Cleveland Live! (45,000 sf) - NuCLEus (Cleveland) - represented Tenant
- H&M (14,500 sf)- 763 Collins (southwest corner of Collins Ave & 8th Street
- Oliver Peoples - Design District - represent both Landlord and Tenant
- Blue Bottle Coffee - The Corner at The Grove - represented Landlord
- North Italia - Mary Brickell Village - represented Landlord
- Shake Shack - Mary Brickell Village - represented Landlord
- Dirt Eat Clean - Mary Brickell Village - represented Landlord
- Raw Juce - Mary Brickell Village - represented Landlord
- DJI - Wynwood - represented Tenant
- Guerriero - Design District - represented Landlord
- Shinola - Wynwood - represented Tenant
- Seiko Grand - Design District - represented Landlord
- Brooks Brothers - San Francisco - represented Tenant
- Florida Real Estate License
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), member
- CCIM candidate with CI-101 and CI-104 completed
- University of Wisconsin Madison, Bachelor of Science in Economics