Drew Nieman is an Executive Vice President in CBRE Chicago’s Agency Leasing group, joining the firm after the 2014 acquisition of U.S. Equities Realty. An industry veteran with extensive local and international experience, Drew brings substantial expertise with large-scale downtown office leasing to his role. A three-time recipient of the Chicago Office Broker of the Year award, Drew’s career includes some of the largest and highest-profile anchor tenant transactions completed in downtown Chicago.
During Drew’s tenure with U.S. Equities, he focused on expanding the firm’s office building leasing portfolio, directing leasing activity at a number of the most prominent properties in its portfolio, including Willis Tower, 515 North State and a new office tower at 150 North Riverside.
Prior to joining U.S. Equities Realty, Drew served as a Principal at Colliers International, leading the downtown Chicago leasing practice. Before joining Colliers, Drew spent 27 years at The John Buck Company, 17 years as Principal. While leading The John Buck Company’s leasing group, Drew oversaw more than 6.5 million square feet of office transactions. His experience also includes relocating to Abu Dhabi, UAE for over two years, serving as Executive Director of leasing for two million square feet of office space at Sowwah Square, Abu Dhabi’s new CBD.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- COLBA – Member
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Salesperson
- Wacker Drive Property Owners Association – Member, Past President, Vice Chair
- Chicago City Day School – Former Board Member
- Chicago Central Area Action Committee – Former Member
- Miami University (Oxford Ohio), Bachelor of Science, Environmental Design (Architecture) and Urban and Regional Planning
- 35 West Wacker Drive (1.1 MSF) – lease renewals of Leo Burnett Company (700,000 SF), Winston & Strawn (400,000 SF) and lease-up of the Leo Burnett Building
- 111 South Wacker Drive (1.1 MSF) – Deloitte (450,000 SF)
- 155 North Wacker Drive (1.0 MSF) – Ernst & Young (200,000 SF) and Skadden (165,000 RSF)
- Boeing (270,000 SF) – relocation from Seattle to Chicago’s 100 North Riverside Plaza
- UBS Tower (1.3 MSF) – UBS (435,000 SF) and PWC (220,000 SF)
- Willis Tower (3.7 MSF) – repositioning and re-leasing of over 3 million SF