A 27-year leader in commercial real estate investment sales, Douglas Johnson is a First Vice President at CBRE Hotels. Prior to joining CBRE Hotels, Mr. Johnson launched CBRE’s accelerated marketing sales platform in 2010 for all lines of business in the United States. Based in the firm’s Chicago office, Mr. Johnson utilizes his vast brokerage knowledge and accelerated marketing sales strategies for the benefit of his clients.
Mr. Johnson’s resume of successful sales is diverse, ranging from hotels, resorts, development land, and other types of commercial properties. His client base includes Fortune 500 companies and corporate America, financial institutions, developers, management companies, REIT’s, Bankruptcy Court, foreclosure/Circuit Court, government, estate, trust and private sellers.
Prior to CBRE, Mr. Johnson was a Senior Vice President at Sheldon Good & Company Auctions, LLC where, throughout his tenure, he focused on utilizing accelerated marketing sales strategies for the sale of his clients’ real estate. He was the youngest broker to be named Partner in the firm’s history.
Throughout his career, Mr. Johnson has been a leader and innovator in the marketing and sale of commercial real estate. Having been involved in the sale of over $2 billion of real estate, including approximately 150 hospitality properties utilizing aggressive, forward thinking, accelerated marketing sales strategies; Mr. Johnson is uniquely qualified to market and sell hospitality properties.
Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed in several states as a real estate broker/salesperson
- 2010/2011 Chairman, Chicago Association of Realtors (CAR) CommercialForum
- 2009/2010 Vice Chairman, Chicago Association of Realtors CommercialForum
- Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA), Affiliate Member
- Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA), Member
- Chicago Association of Realtors (CAR), 2010/2011 Board Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT), Member
- Bachelor of Science - Finance, Arizona State University School of Business