Don Shupe joined CBRE | Raleigh in 2007 to establish, along with his business partner, Heath Chapman, one of the premier Tenant Representation teams in Raleigh-Durham. With over 30 years of commercial real estate experience with an emphasis on Class A office leasing, Don has been involved in several hundred lease transactions involving many of the premier institutional grade corporations located within the Raleigh-Durham area.
Don has been past President of the Research Triangle Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) and TRAOBA (Triangle Area Office Building Association), as well as a lengthy tenure on the Board of Directors for each respective organization. In addition, Don currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Durham Chamber of Commerce.
In recent years, Don has been involved in several of the Raleigh-Durham area's most significant lease transactions: Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton’s recent renewal and extension; representation of the K&L Gates Law Firm’s Raleigh and Durham offices; Apptio's entry and subsequent expansion within the market; Bank of America/Merrill Lynch's relocation and consolidation into a new office tower at North Hills; renewal of Raleigh Radiology's West Raleigh location; the expansion and relocation of Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau into a historic downtown Durham redevelopment.
The team has also recently completed a number of global, overseas assignments on behalf of SAS Software and continues to assist several clients with transition management throughout the continental United States.
- Board Member, Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce, 2015 - 2017
- President, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2003
- Board Member, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2002 – 2006
- President, Triangle Area Office Building Association, 1995
- Board Member, Triangle Area Office Building Assoc. (8 years)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker - North Carolina
- Triangle Community Coalition, Board Member 2005-2008
- Wake County Education Business Alliance Regional Chair, 2012 – 2014
- Kenyon College, Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1981
- American Red Cross
- Apptio, Inc.
- Ascension Insurance
- Bank of America
- Bohler Engineering
- Captrust Financial Advisors (national representation)
- Cline Design Associates
- Durham Chamber of Commerce
- Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Global Knowledge (national representation)
- Hewlett Packard
- HTC America Innovation
- Informa Business Intelligence
- Jenkins, Wilson, Taylor & Hunt, P.A.
- Kacvinsky Daisak Bluni, PLLC
- K&L Gates LLP
- Knowledge Source
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Merrill Lynch
- Misys Healthcare
- Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
- Pelnik Insurance
- PSA Healthcare
- Raleigh Durham Medical Group
- Raleigh Radiology
- SAS Software (global representation)
- Three Oaks Engineering
- Triangle Community Foundation
- Tribune Media
- US Oncology
- Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP