Derrick Banks Mashore is a Senior Vice President for Advisory and Transaction Services. Over the course of his 30-year career, Derrick has closed hundreds of transactions for nonprofit, institutional and Fortune 500 clients. His clients depend on his intelligence, innovation and expertise in complex real estate matters for mixed-use public/private, hotels, embassies, M&A, performing and distressed assets and office buildings.
Beginning his career as an attorney, he focused on corporate law and represented international institutions (World Bank, International Monetary Fund) and municipalities (cities of Philadelphia and Houston). In 1998, Derrick transitioned to a practice leader for PriceWaterhouse Coopers’ Business Outsourcing (BPO) group.
In 2002, he founded Concordis Advisors, the largest national commercial real estate services company wholly owned and operated by minority professionals. In subsequent years, Derrick was an Executive Managing Director and member of the Board of Directors at Cushman & Wakefield; and prior to joining CBRE, a Managing Director at JLL.
- Confidential Tech Client portfolio, 20M SF
- Neustar global portfolio, including San Francisco and Washington, D.C. regional consolidations
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, land sales (500 acres at Dulles), master planning
- LIDL U.S. (Philadelphia, Raleigh and Dallas)
- Creator, Space Matters (www.spacematters.us)
- Writer, Wednesday Wisdom, a weekly blog post
- Contributed to stories for the Wall Street Journal, National Real Estate Investor, Real Estate Weekly and Black Enterprise
- Speaker at ISCS, Corenet, CLE, Trustbelt and universities
- Board Member, Ingenuity Prep Charter School; DCBIA (District of Columbia Building Industry Association); Washington D.C. Economic Partnership; Gridiron Capital; Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association; DC Jazzfest
- Former Chairman, Duke University undergraduate college board
- Chairman Emeritus of New Heights Youth Foundation, which provides academic and leadership skills to at-risk youth
- BA, Duke University
- JD, Columbia University School of Law
- Comcast/NBC Universal
- Bessemer Trust
- Bread for the World
- Florida International University
- Executive Leadership Council