Dave Headstream is a First Vice President with CBRE’s National Land Services Group. He has been in commercial real estate sales in Arizona for over 30 years, helping clients with marketing, disposition, re-positioning and acquisition of land. As a seasoned industry veteran, Dave has developed strong working relationships with national and local home builders and developers, commercial and multifamily developers, private hard-money lenders and investors, publicly-traded and privately-owned banks, and trustees and receivers.
With this diverse transaction history and participation in CBRE’s National Land Services Group, he provides clients with unique insights and a broad network of potential buyers. Dave has sold land and/or buildings across all property types and for a myriad of uses, including platted and engineered lots, finished lots, farm land, desert land, commercially zoned land and redevelopment land.
Specialties Include: Raw Land, Zoned Land, Raw/Pre-platted/Final Platted/Finished Residential Lots, AG Land, Redevelopment Sites, Adaptive Re-use Sites/Structures, Infill Sites for Townhome, Condo, Multifamily Development, Speculative Land, and Mixed-use Land.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) Football Lettermen Association
- University of Missouri MBA Alumnus Association
- ULI Arizona
- Valley Partnership
- Home Builders Association of Central Arizona (HBACA)
- Southern Methodist University (SMU), Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Missouri, Master of Business Administration
- 7,000 acres known as Legend Ranch Sold to DR Horton. Dave expedited the agreement on behalf of the seller, ASARCO/Groupo de Mexico. This was one of the largest, quick deals ever done in Pinal County with a value of $49,000,000.
- 1,520 acres: Prime Earth Development Company (PEDCO) purchased this parcel in Maricopa, AZ, from a North Dakota-based farmer. Plans were for development of an active adult community called Hidden Valley ($18,000,000).
- 1,620 acres at the northeast corner of Pinal Avenue and McCartney Road in Casa Grande: Sold to Diamond Ventures, a Tucson master plan developer. Dave worked on behalf of the seller, ASARCO. The buyer entitled this Casa Grande property and sold it to Fulton Homes ($11,555,000).
- 1,000 acres platted as The Villages at Eloy: Dave worked on behalf of the buyer, Del Mar Development/PEDCO on the acquisition/disposition of this Pinal County property for future development $32,000,000).
- $1,000,000 per acre on 17 acres: Sold the northwest corner of Tatum and Greenway to a regional developer for $17 million; Dave subsequently assembled an additional nine acres west of the corner to effectuate a rezoning of the entire site from R1-14 to a mixed use; currently, the site is a fully developed retail center anchored by Walgreen’s, wrapped by higher density residential product by KB Home.