Compie Newman is a Managing Director in CBRE’s Charlotte office, where he has management oversight of all CBRE service offerings. Mr. Newman focuses on integrating CBRE’s departments to provide the most comprehensive real estate solutions.
Mr. Newman is a Charlotte native and has been in the commercial real estate finance business for over 27 years. He began his career as a construction lender with First Union in Charlotte in 1989 and entered the mortgage banking business with Capital Advisors in 1996. Compie managed RBC Capital Advisors from 2004 to 2007. He was a co-managing director of the North Carolina office of NorthMarq Capital from 2007 until 2010 when he joined CBRE to place debt and structured finance for commercial real estate projects. He has placed over $3.5 billion in real estate capital over his career. Prior to his real estate career, Mr. Newman was a naval aviator flying P-3C Orions.
Mr. Newman is an active community member and well connected businessman. He and his wife Catherine have one daughter and one son.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Charlotte Latin School Alumni Governing Board, President, 1992-1993
- Charlotte Country Club Tennis Committee, Chairman, 2002-2010
- Charlotte Latin School Convocation, Speaker, 2003
- Charlotte Latin School, Board of Trustees, 2005-2011
- Federal Reserve Bank - Charlotte Industry Roundtable member 2012 – present
- Catawba Lands Conservancy Development Committee 2015 - present
Graduate, United States Naval Academy
Graduate, United States Naval Flight School
- One Wells Fargo Center $175 million
- Charlotte Plaza/Carillon $141.5 million
- North Hills Mall $105 million
- Rotunda/Morrocroft Centre $80 million
- Coliseum Centre $58 million
- Beacon Industrial Portfolio $58 million
- 300 S. Brevard $55.1 million