Charles Safley is a Vice President with CBRE based in Portland, OR. He joined the company in 2009 with four years of prior real estate experience from the private sector. From 2009 – 2016 Charles specialized as an office leasing broker where he worked with both private owners and the world’s largest institutions before migrating into Capital Markets from 2016 – Present.
In his role as a Capital Markets broker, Charles assists his clients in navigating through the acquisition & disposition of commercial real estate assets. Well known for a thoughtful and personalized approach and backed by a deep understanding of market fundamentals, he has executed the sale of nearly 2,500,000 million SF of product with a total valuation of $350 million.
Charles was appointed to serve the Portland market on CBRE’s Capital Markets Office West team in 2016. They are a collaborative team of professionals leading nine major markets in the disposition of institutional grade assets. Collectively they represent the Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Phoenix, and Denver real estate markets.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- 2016 RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service & Excellence) Award recipient
- CBRE Capital Markets Office West - Member & Market Leader
- Jesuit High School Building & Development Committee - Member
- CBRE Cares - Member
- Quechua Benefit – Founder and Member
- Oregon State University - Bachelor of Science, Business
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Oregon
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in Washington
Partial Client List
- Arden Realty
- Cambia Health Systems
- CBRE Investors
- Citrine Advisors
- Deutsche Wealth Asset Mgmt.
- General Growth Properties
- KBS Realty
- Lexington Property Trust
- New York Life
- Scanlan Kemper Bard
- Sterling Bay
- SWIFT Real Estate Investors
- Trammel Crow Company