Mr. Bennett joined CBRE|Richmond in 2002. He is responsible for overseeing and coordinating tenant and capital improvement projects in the Richmond, Norfolk and Charlottesville offices of CBRE|Richmond. These duties include “in-house” space planning and design, creating comprehensive RFP’s for competitive bidding, reviewing and approving construction documents, preparing master schedules and project budgets, planning and administering contracts and related paperwork, leading pre-construction meetings, progress meetings and final walk-through meetings.
Prior to joining CBRE|Richmond, Mr. Bennett was Operations Manager for Sonitrol of Greater Richmond from 1997 to 2002. During this time he designed and supervised the installation of commercial fire alarm, security and access control systems.
- HVAC Design build and EMS Controls
- Masonry & Carpentry
- Sheet Metal Layout and Design
- Private Pilot SEL
Partial List of Significant Assignments
- Project Manager for Historic elevator modernization project at the First National Bank Building at 823 East Main Street, Richmond, Virginia
- Project Manager for Northrop Grumman Mission Systems UVA 421 Richmond Virginia site at Patriot Tower, 96,260 square feet of lab, office and conference/proposal rooms - Midlothian, Virginia
- Project Manager for the Catholic Diocese of Richmond Corporate relocation project to 58,000 square feet at the Henrico Corporate Centre Building - Richmond, Virginia
- Project Manager for OBGYN Associates at Henrico Doctors Medical Office Building 1, Forest Campus; 10,150 square feet of exam room, labs, procedure rooms and support rooms - Richmond, Virginia
- Designed and created “CB Project” a MS Excel-based project management software tailored to 3rd party project managers
- Published “Project Management On Time and Under Budget”, a comprehensive guide for real estate professionals through the commercial tenant upfit process
- Currently involved in the oversight of capital and tenant improvement projects for ING Clarion, Eola Capital, Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Real Estate, Robinson Development Group, Patriot Group, Mill Management, Gramercy Capital, and Farmers Insurance Group