Casey Gallagher is an Executive Vice President with CBRE Capital Market’s National Investment Team. Specializing in advising clients on the acquisition and disposition of investment properties, Casey is recognized as a leading advisory expert on Canadian commercial real estate assets across the office, industrial, retail and development land sectors. Casey has substantial expertise in the advisory of retail and urban development properties, overseeing both sectors with the Team. Over the last 5 years, he has completed some of Canada’s most significant sales and advisory assignments totaling over $12 billion.
As an industry leader, Casey has represented CBRE as a panelist at industry forums and regularly participates as a first-round judge for NAIOP’s Developing Leaders Challenge. In addition, Casey contributes quarterly to CBRE’s Canadian Cap Rate Survey and Investment Insights publications.
Significant Advisory Roles
- CPPIB Enclosed Mall Portfolio – $1.205 B regional retail centre Portfolio with assets located in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Ivanhoe Cambridge Retail Portfolio – $572.0 MM regional 2,514,000 sq. ft. Retail Portfolio located in Ontario and Quebec.Georgian Mall – $318.0 MM regional retail mall sale on behalf of Cadillac Fairview and located in Barrie Ontario.
- Regent Mall & McAllister Place – $317.6 MM retail portfolio sale on behalf of Cadillac Fairview and located in New Brunswick.
- BlackBerry Corporate Portfolio – $305.0 MM office campus portfolio sale in Waterloo, Cambridge, Ottawa and Mississauga, Ontario.
- 1 Yonge Street – $250 MM urban development & office tower sale. The largest development land transaction by dollar value in Toronto history.
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre Complex – $237.4 MM landmark convention centre, office and hotel facility located in Downtown Toronto.
- Consilium Place – $199.0 MM prime suburban office complex located in Toronto, Ontario.
- 21 Avenue Road – $142.5 MM sale of Toronto’s landmark Four Seasons hotel property. Purchased by a local consortium as a residential project.
- 355 King Street West – $113 MM condominium development site in Downtown Toronto. Greenland Group’s first Canadian acquisition.
- Agincourt Mall - $100 MM enclosed shopping centre located in Toronto on behalf of a Hong Kong-based private owner.
- Shops of Oakville South – $54.0 MM community shopping centre, approximately 99,000 sq. ft., located in Oakville, Ontario.
- 80 & 100 Yorkville Avenue – $53.3 MM High-street retail asset in Toronto’s Yorkville neighborhood.
- 45 Bay Street – $42.0 MM land sale to Ivanhoe Cambridge. Potential for over 2.0 MM sq. ft. in development density in Downtown Toronto.
- 4050 Yonge Street – $24.9 MM mixed-use land sale along Toronto’s Yonge corridor. Successfully contracted & completed in under 20 days.
- CBRE Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – Capital Markets - 2016
- CBRE Hutcheson Award - National Team Award – General - 2004, 2012
- Peter Crompton Award - 2008
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- Member, NAIOP
- Bachelors Degree, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto
- 60 Harbour Street & 30 Bay Street, Toronto
- Four Seasons Hotel - 21 Avenue Road, Toronto
- Ivanhoe Cambridge Retail Portfolio (2004 & 2011), Nationwide
- 45 Bay Street, Toronto
- CPP / Oxford Office Portfolio, Nationwide
- Place D’Orleans, Ottawa
- Pauls Industrial Portfolio, Toronto & Calgary
- Menkes Industrial Portfolio, GTA
- Gateway Corporate Centre, Toronto
- 5000 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Armadale Square, GTA