In his current position as a Vice Chairman for CBRE Capital Markets, Mr. Francis arranges and places debt and equity on commercial real estate projects across North America, including Hawaii. He also is the Western Region Manager for CBRE’s Debt and Structured Finance Division which includes the offices located in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Diego, Newport Beach, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, and Albuquerque. Mr. Francis has closed approximately $17 billion in debt and equity transactions throughout 33 states.
Mr. Francis has a broad range of experience in the origination, structuring, placement, closing, and servicing of commercial real estate debt and equity for life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, government sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac), and Wall Street sources (CMBS). He has been actively involved with debt and equity financing since 1983 and has been a multi-year Top Producer and Top-10 Producer for CBRE Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance Division, and is a multiple year recipient of the Colbert Coldwell Circle Award of CBRE. Bruce was also the recipient of the Capital Markets Debt and Structured Finance Division President’s Award, recognizing his contributions to the Debt and Structured Finance Division and the Capital Markets Group as a whole. Mr. Francis is a member of CBRE’s Institutional Properties Group and is also the designated representative of CBRE Capital Markets for several of the Company’s life insurance company correspondent relationships.
Mr. Francis joined Eberhardt Company in the summer of 1997 as part of Eberhardt’s acquisition of Kennelly Mortgage & Investment, Inc. where he eventually became a Principal and its President (1987-1997), responsible for originating, packaging and supervising the closing of permanent, construction, and equity financing of commercial real estate. Eberhardt Company was then acquired by L.J. Melody & Company (now CBRE Capital Markets) in 1999. Additionally, his extensive finance and real estate experience includes prior activities with Century Bank/Century Bank Realty (Vice President Asset Recovery), Merrill Communications, Inc./Merrill Properties (CFO), and Contempo Construction & Realty Co. (Vice President).
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Mortgage Broker (State of Arizona)
- Licensed Real Estate Agent (State of Arizona)
- Qualified Individual for the CBRE Arizona Mortgage Banking License
- Member of the National Mortgage Bankers Association
- Member of the California Mortgage Bankers Association
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member of the CBRE Capital Markets Institutional Properties Group
- Member of the CBRE DSF G-20 Group
- Member of the CBRE Net Lease Property Group
- Member of the CBRE National Office Partners Group
- Member of the CBRE National Retail Partners Group
- Arizona State University, Master of Business Administration; Finance
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, Marketing – graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Extensive studies in Japanese language and Asian history; Bilingual - Japanese
- Multi Year Top 10 Producer - CBRE Debt & Structured Finance
- CBRE Debt & Structured Finance – President’s Award Recipient