Brian Whaley specializes in retail transactions as Senior Associate. His responsibilities include tenant representation, asset representation, building and land acquisition, lease and contract negotiations, financial analysis, market surveys and site searches for the Mid-South including western Tennessee, eastern Arkansas and northern Mississippi. Brian joined CBRE, Inc. in June 2010.
In addition, Brian conducts cold-call campaigns, lease renewals, procures and qualifies property showings for interested prospects and conducts market research. Brian also assists with building, land, and outparcel sales; shopping center leasing; multi-market dispositions; and infill redevelopment work. Brian’s clients range from developers, hotel site selection and medical companies, to restaurants and consumer goods retailers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Tennessee Real Estate License
- Mississippi Real Estate License
- Arkansas Real Estate License
- Member, Memphis Area Association of Realtors (MAAR)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- ICSC Next Gen - Chair of Memphis Chapter
- Participant, Leadership Academy Fellows Program
- Founding member, Memphis Rise Academy Charter School
- MAAR Pinnacle Award winner - Retail Tenant Representation Broker of the Year 2014
- CBRE Memphis Broker of the Year 2015
- University of Memphis, Bachelor of Business Administration; Marketing Management
- The Kroger Company
- The Container Store Group, Inc
- AFC Enterprises, Inc.
- Regis Salons
- Darden Restaurants
- Henry Turley Company
- Weston Companies
- Valenti Management
- Choice Hotels International, Inc.
- Gateway Tire & Service Center
- Brain Balance Achievement Centers