Brian Margerum joined CBRE in May 2003, specializing in the execution of multifamily property sales throughout the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area. Since joining the CBRE Washington DC Multifamily Investment Properties Team, he has participated in the process of providing expertise in obtaining exclusive listings and successfully closing sales of nearly 240,915 units aggregating over $35.162 billion.
In July 2006, Mr. Margerum became the fourth sales member for the Baltimore-based division of the Washington DC Multifamily Investment Properties Team. In February 2007, Mr. Margerum became a Senior Associate, in August 2008, he quickly achieved the status of Vice President, in 2010 he became First Vice President and is now Senior Vice President. He was also named the 2006 Regional "Rookie of the Year" for the entire Washington-Baltimore local market.
Mr. Margerum is an integral part of the underwriting, marketing and sales process for multifamily properties in the Baltimore/Washington market. Furthermore, together with CBRE | Debt & Structured Finance, Mr. Margerum has assisted in providing the resources for his clients and potential investors in finding exceptional Debt and Equity. The seamless network of Investment Properties and Capital Markets has culminated in the placement of over $15.931 billion of both debt and equity since 2006, which allowed the team to obtain the 2008 “Gary J. Beban Teamwork Award.”
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Maryland
- Urban Land Institute - Young Leaders
- Regional Rookie of the Year - 2006
- Recipient of the “Gary J. Beban Teamwork Award” – 2008
- CREBA #6 Regional Sales Professional - 2016
- 2016 CREBA Finance Transaction of the Year – LCOR Portfolio
- CBRE Largest Sales Transaction of the Year – 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2018
- B.A. degree – Furman University – Business Administration
- AvalonBay Communities
- Berkshire Property Advisors
- BlackRock, Inc.
- Bozzuto Group
- CBRE Global Investors
- Cove Property Management
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- Fairfield Residential Company
- Fannie Mae
- First Centrum
- Forest City Enterprises
- GE Capital
- Harbor Group International
- Home Properties
- Mid-City Financial Corp.
- Morgan Properties
- Northwestern Investment Mgmt Co.
- Pantzer Properties
- Principal Global Investors
- Pritzker Residential
- Prudential Real Estate Investors
- Questar Properties
- Starwood Capital Group