Mr. Cruz began his professional career as a research analyst for Cushman & Wakefield in their New York City office. Shortly thereafter, he began his career at CBRE as a leasing and sales broker for office and retail properties throughout Long Island. Mr. Cruz left CBRE after four years for a brief two-year stint at Jones Lang LaSalle where he helped build the Long Island office for JLL. Using the skills learned as a broker, Mr. Cruz joined the CBRE Capital Markets | Debt & Structured Finance Group, the investment banking arm of the largest commercial real estate firm in the world.
Since joining in 2013 he has helped finance over $2 billion in real estate throughout the United States. He is a part of a successful multifamily team, financing large apartment properties as a direct lender via Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and HUD/FHA, and has extensive experience in financing commercial properties.
Areas of Expertise
- Freddie Mac Seller Servicer
- Fannie Mae DUS
- Permanent Debt Financing
- Wall Street/Securitization
- Bridge Loans
- Mezzanine Debt & Structured Financing
- CCIM member (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- San Diego & National Mortgage Bankers Association
- ARGUS certified
- Bachelors of Science - Manhattan College
- Masters of Business Administration - Dowling College