Bret Quinlan serves as a strategic advisor and problem solver for investors, developers and occupiers of industrial space in major distribution markets, with considerable expertise in the world ports markets of Los Angeles/Long Beach, New Jersey/Eastern Seaboard and LAX.
Bret has also been honored with the Dave Haggerty Leadership Award, the highest honor bestowed upon a CBRE Industrial Services professional in the Americas.
Bret represents owners in the positioning and marketing of distribution-related properties to industrial occupiers around the world and has leased or sold over 118 million SF of space and over 1,210 acres of land over the past 25 years. He is an expert in the controlled-bid sale of land for redevelopment and the leasing of land for trailer, container or chassis storage.
He is also a specialist in local and multi-market tenant representation, with extensive experience in criteria development, site selection and consensus building for blend and extend, relocation, expansion and consolidation assignments.
Bret and his partner, John Schumacher, are senior brokers with two full-time, dedicated staff supporting their market-leading transaction volume. The team’s primary market of institutionally owned industrial portfolios and larger distribution buildings in infill Los Angeles has maintained tight vacancy over the past few years. With such hyper-competitive market conditions, portfolio owners and occupiers rely on the team’s current insight—gleaned from their unrivaled deal flow—to craft solutions and create opportunities that meet each client’s needs.
Bret’s well-rounded career gives him keen insight into every facet of the real estate process, enabling him to help his clients make highly informed, cost-effective decisions and negotiate from a position of strength. Whether he is representing owners or occupiers, he is a passionate client advocate, leveraging CBRE’s industry-leading resources and network of experts in brokerage, debt/equity finance, appraisal and project management for the implementation of a well-conceived plan for his clients’ benefit.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Dave Haggerty Leadership Award Recipient – Highest Honor for CBRE Industrial Brokers
- CBRE Top 300 Brokers Nationally, 2010, 2012-2017
- CBRE Co-Top Industrial Broker, Southern California 2010 & 2016
- CBRE Top 20 Brokers, Southern California, 2008-2017
- CBRE Co-Top Industrial Broker, Western, U.S. 2010, 2012 & 2013
- #1 Broker, Cushman & Wakefield, South Bay, 2004, 2006-2007
- Senior Director, Cushman & Wakefield (1999 – 2007)
- Consistently ranked among the highest producing industrial brokers
- Leasing Manager, Watson Land Company (1994 – 1999)
- Directed leasing efforts for the largest developer of industrial centers in LA County, with 14+ million SF of space. Responsibilities of the role included marketing, leasing, development planning and asset repositioning.
- Clerk/Research/Broker, The Klabin Company Los Angeles (1991 – 1995)
- University of California, Santa Barbara: Bachelor of Science, Economics with a Business emphasis
- AEW Capital Management
- BlackRock Realty
- Boeing Realty Corporation
- Carson Estate Company
- Cornerstone Advisors
- First Industrial Realty Trust
- Harbor Land Company
- Heitman Properties
- Hewson Development Corp
- Huffy Corporation
- IDI Gazeley Brookfield
- IDS Real Estate Group
- Industrial Property Trust
- JP Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Nippon Express
- Pacific Industrial
- Sares-Regis Group
- South Bay CFS
- St. George Warehousing
- TA Associates
- Trammell Crow Company
- Toyota Real Estate