Robert E. James, Jr., MAI, SRA is a Certified General licensed appraiser working in the Central Valley Region of California. He has appraised in the Southern California Region since 1986. He has extensive experience in valuing all areas of income producing properties, including office, industrial, retail, multifamily residential and vacant land. He has prepared appraisal and review work for lenders, area law firms, estates, insurance companies, CPA’s, and private investors. He also has experience appraising properties in the Central Valley markets of Fresno, Visalia, Porterville, Hanford, Gilroy, and Los Banos.
Prior to joining CBRE, he was Associate Vice President and Senior Market Analyst for the Capital Markets group of Fairfield Residential, LLC. He was also Senior Research Manager for CoStar Group where he researched market data for three states. He is a third generation appraiser in Southern California working many years in a family appraisal firm.
He has recently served three years on the San Diego Chapter of the Appraisal Institute board of directors as Education Chairperson and Director.
He holds the MAI and SRA designations from the Appraisal Institute.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of California, No. AG022706
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI)
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (SRA)
- Appraisal Institute Litigation Professional Development Program
- San Diego Chapter of Appraisal Institute, Director (2015-2017)
- San Diego Chapter of Appraisal Institute, Education Chairperson (2015-2017)
- Appraisal Institute Leadership Development & Advisory Council (2014-2016)
- Appraisal Institute Volunteer of Distinction for Region VII
- San Diego State University – Business Major - Finance, Real Estate
- Appraisal Institute Coursework