Blake joined CBRE in 2014 as an Associate Director in the San Antonio office, and since has expanded his role as Associate Director to El Paso and Austin. Most recently Blake was promoted to Director of Asset Services for the San Antonio market.
He joined CBRE after an established 10-year career in property management, where he delivered invaluable benefit in his financial and operational leadership. In his current role, Blake leads staff responsible for 14.5 million square feet of Class A office, retail and industrial properties.
Prior to CBRE, Blake was a vice president of asset management at Cypress Equities, accountable for budgets and operations of more than 4 million square feet of office, industrial and retail space. Blake differentiated his management by producing multiple benefits for building owners and acquiring and retaining tenants. Highlights include negotiation to reduce operation budgets by 20% for an entire portfolio, a maximized asset cash flow, ensuring compliance with objectives in tenant lease negotiations, and the oversight of litigation with in-house counsel. While at Cypress Equities, Blake was involved with the ground up development of:
- The Shops at Mockingbird – 76,000-square-foot retail center at 4540 West Mockingbird Lane in Dallas, Texas
- West 7th – 280,000 square feet of retail, 110,000 square feet of office and 550 multifamily units at 2821 West 7th Street in Fort Worth, Texas
Blake was also the asset manager for a portfolio of 15 properties consisting of power centers, neighborhood centers, mixed-use and lifestyle centers, all totaling 4.5 million square feet across the U.S.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Texas Real Estate Saleperson License
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- CBRE Asset Services Local Market Award - Team Leader of the Year (2014)
- B.S. in Economics, Texas A&M University