Blake Johnson returned to CBRE’s Capital Markets – Institutional Properties in 2016. Based in the firm’s Downtown Chicago office and a member of the Chicago Office Institutional Group team, he specializes in CBD Chicago office investment sales. Mr. Johnson has 25 years of commercial real estate experience in the area of investment sales, financings, acquisitions, dispositions, development, and fund raising.
Most recently, Blake spent six years at The Join Buck Company and was promoted to president of the firm in 2014. At TJBC, his responsibilities included acquisitions, dispositions, capital markets, and co-managing TJBC’s discretionary private equity fund vehicles. Prior to The John Buck Company, Blake spent twelve years in Eastdil Secured’s Chicago office. A managing director at Eastdil, Blake was involved in investment sales and financings of a variety of product types in Chicago and across the Midwest.
Throughout his career, Blake has arranged the sale of more than $11 billion of investment real estate. Blake’s Chicago CBD office transaction experience includes Willis Tower, 333 West Wacker, One North Wacker, 111 South Wacker, 155 North Wacker, 321 North Clark, Prudential Plaza, and John Hancock Center.
- Five-time Crain's Chicago Business Greater Chicago Food Depository Investment Broker of the Year
- Three-time NAIOP's Investment Transaction of the Year
- Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker in the State of Illinois
- Rice University; Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Masters of Business Administration and Finance