As the Managing Director for CBRE Minneapolis, Blake Hastings oversees more than 225 real estate professionals in Minnesota. He is responsible for the successful integration of multiple business disciplines and leveraging the varied expertise of CBRE professionals in the Bloomington and Downtown Minneapolis offices. In addition to ensuring that clients seize opportunities to make well-informed business decisions, Blake oversees new business development, client relations and related services.
Prior to joining CBRE, Blake was Senior Vice President of the Office Service Division at Grubb & Ellis and Cassidy Turley in Phoenix, AZ. During 2010, Blake played an integral role when the Phoenix Grubb & Ellis franchise integrated into the newly formed Cassidy Turley. Selected as a member of the Office Leadership Council and The Institutional Leasing Practice Group, he was charged with the formation of many of Cassidy Turley's national brokerage strategies and integration of the company's national platforms with local markets' best practices.
During his 10 years as a brokerage producer, Blake completed over 800 transactions with an aggregate value of $800 million, leasing over 6 million square feet, 2 million square feet of building sales and over 250 acres of land sales. Blake has represented a diverse group of clients during his career, such as Opus Corporation, Ryan Companies and The Alter Group; Institutional clients including Principal Financial, Clarion Partners, Artis REIT, Blackrock, New York Life, LNR, CW Capital, A&B Properties and Excel Trust; and tenants such as Ebay/Paypal, Centene, Cricket Communications, DelMonte, Gillette, Koch Industries and Bank United.
- CBRE North America Market Leader of the Year, 2016
- Minneapolis Business Journal 2014 "40 Under 40"
- Cassidy Turley Phoenix Top Leasing Team, 2006 - 2012
- Cassidy Turley Phoenix "Top 10" Overall Producer, 2008 - 2012
- Cassidy Turley Phoenix Top Office Division Producer, 2006 - 2010, 2012
- NAIOP Office Broker of the Year finalist, 2006 - 2010, 2012
- COSTAR Power Broker, 2005 - 2012
- Commercial Leasing Update (CLU) Metro Phoenix Rookie of the Year, 2005
- Grubb & Ellis Arizona Rookie of the Year, 2005
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Currently licensed in MN and completing his real estate broker licensure for MN, IA, ND and SD
- NAIOP - Board Member, 2014-2016
- Minneapolis Downtown Council Board of Directors, 2014-present
- Minneapolis Downtown Council Executive Committee, 2018
- Minneapolis Downtown Council - 2025 Plan Task Force Leader
- Urban Land Institute - Minneapolis Market Council, 2014-present
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO), 2013-present
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO) Board of Directors, 2014-present
- American Heart Association-Heart Walk Committee Board Member, 2014-2016
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Board Member, 2014-present
- Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce Board Member, 2014-present
- ALS Association of ND & MN Board Member, 2015-2017
- Rein in Sarcoma Board Member & Vice President, 2018
- B.S. degree in economics from Villanova University in Philadelphia