A native of Arizona, Bert Kempfert has specialized in the sale of Multifamily Investment Properties in the Phoenix office of CBRE for over thirty years. He provides local multifamily transactional, valuation and underwriting advice to a handful of owners, investors and developers, both private and institutional, and "makes their business plan his own."
His unique style of working with only a few clients at a time allows him to provide a high level of service, instills trust and minimizes transaction risk. He has created many longstanding relationships over his career and his clients have profited from his ability to create “off-market” opportunities when highly marketed deals are out of reach.
He has completed a variety of different types of multifamily transactions including six pre-sale development deals, student housing developments, condominium conversions, land assemblages and portfolio sales. His total sales exceed $1 billion, over 22,500 units in more than 115 transactions.
While his expertise is concentrated primarily in metropolitan Phoenix, Mr. Kempfert has also sold multifamily communities and sites in Tucson, Flagstaff and Casa Grande.
He has been recognized by CBRE both locally and nationally throughout his career for his achievements. He is a member of the Eller College Associates at the University of Arizona and has mentored at the Thomas J. Pappas Elementary School. He has been a fundraiser for several charities including the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Brokers for Kids and ChildHelp USA.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Multifamily Housing Group
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- Urban Land Institute
- Arizona Multihousing Association
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Eller College Associates at the University of Arizona
- Fund raiser Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and ChildHelp USA
- Honorary Title of “Senior Vice President”
- Colbert Coldwell Circle (top 3% nationally) in 1992
- Top 10 brokers in Phoenix Office in 1991-1994, 12th 1999, 13th 2003
- University of Arizona, Eller College of Management BS, Marketing and Finance
- Blue Vista Capital Management
- BRE Properties
- Capstone Collegiate Communities
- Crescent Communities
- Deutsche Asset Management
- Evans Withycombe
- Fairfield Residential
- Fowler Property Acquisitions
- Greystar Real Estate Partners
- Morgan Group
- Peak Campus Communities
- Prometheus Real Estate Group
- Residential Housing Development
- Spring Creek Investment Management
- TGM Associates