Todd Caruso is a Senior Managing Director leading more than 400 professionals in providing Advisory & Transaction solutions to investors clients across the Americas Region, including the firm’s Urban Retail and Mixed-use practice areas. He connects clients with the full
breadth of CBRE’s service lines, working closely with CBRE’s leaders in Advisory & Transaction Services, Asset Services, Capital Markets, Project Management and Valuation and assembling talented teams tailored to individual clients’ needs.
Todd has worked with CBRE’s Leadership team to help recruit professionals talent and expertise to CBRE’s Americas Region, including support and strategy roles on the acquisitions of Chicago based Northern Realty 2008, Philadelphia-based Fameco in 2013, Dallas-based UCR, Indianapolis-based Site Hawk Retail Real Estate 2015, Cleveland-based Sky Group in 2016, and the JV with Streetsense in 2017.
His previous experience includes Retail Sales and Leasing, overseeing CBRE’s Midwest Regional Retail business and managing two of the company’s Chicago offices. In these roles, his responsibilities included business development, revenue/expense, hiring and training.
Todd has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Toledo Blade, Crain's Chicago Business, Shopping Centers Today, Shopping Center Business, Chain Store Age, National Real Estate Investor and Women’s Wear Daily.
Todd is involved in numerous charitable and community organizations, including The Dreamcatcher Foundation, Feed My Starving Children, the Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation for Industry Mentorship and Cancer Research and the Clemson University Parent Board.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Graduate University of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Graduate and Instruction Professional Selling Skills III (Xerox Learning Systems)
- Member of the CBRE’s Retail Advisory Council
- CBRE's Americas Operations Management Board
- Honorary Illini, University of Illinois, Real Estate Instruction
- Rho Epsilon, University of Illinoins
- Larry Perrish Leadership Award, CBRE
- Two-time Recipient of CBRE Chairman Award
- Managed #1 office nationally in CBRE
- Top Retail Professional, Washington, D.C., Metro
- University of Arizona, Bachelor’s Degree
- Berkshire Partners
- Capri Capital
- Clarion Partners
- Coventry Real Estate Advisors
- Deutsche Bank
- Entertainment Property Trust
- Equity One
- Inland Group
- New York Life
- Oliver McMillan
- Pine Tree Commercial Realty
- Ponte Gadea
- Ryan Co’s
- Trump Organization