John Sheridan joined CBRE, Inc. in 2003 as the result of a merger with Insignia/ESG. Mr. Sheridan is currently a Senior Vice President with the Washington, DC Multifamily Investment Properties Team. Mr. Sheridan specializes in residential land transactions for both rental and for-sale products, including high-rise concrete, infill projects and high density wood-frame construction to master planned communities of townhomes and single-family residences. His experience in construction and project management has provided a solid background and understanding of development concepts.
With over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, Mr. Sheridan has worked many jurisdictions from as far north as Aberdeen, MD, to as far south as Fredericksburg, VA.
Mr. Sheridan was responsible for finding residential developers and builders for such notable assignments as:
- WMAL: Bethesda, MD – 75 acres, for the development of over 300 single family attached and detached homes
- CSX Site: Washington, DC – 10-acre parcel located in the Ball Park District for the redevelopment of 1.2 million square feet.
- Mosaic: Merrifield, VA – three residential transactions totaling 961 multifamily units, part of a 1.8 million square foot mixed-use development.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Sheridan worked with Turner Construction Company for 10 years.
Mr. Sheridan received his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and Earth Science from the University of Notre Dame and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Michigan.
- Greater Washington Association of Commercial Realtors
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Recipient of the “Gary J. Beban Teamwork Award” – 2008
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Earth Science
- University of Michigan, Master in Civil Engineering
- Clark Realty Capital
- Home Properties
- Silverwood Associates
- The JBG Companies
- The Silver Companies
- Faison Development
- Lerner Enterprises
- The Mills Corporation
- St. John Properties
- Trammell Crow Residential
- Trammell Crow Company
- Gables Residential
- Edens & Avant
- Turner Development