Southfield, MI 48075
John A. Latessa, Jr. is President, Midwest Division with CBRE, Inc., and provides executive oversight for 11 offices, including the region’s flagship operations in Chicago. Prior to his promotion to this position in January 2017, Mr. Latessa directly managed the company’s Michigan operations and oversaw its operations in several markets including Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Louisville, St. Louis and Kansas City.
Mr. Latessa has extensive experience in real estate acquisitions, leasing, construction, financing, dispositions and building operations management. Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Latessa was a Principal/Managing Director of JFK Investment Company, L.L.C. and a Project Manager/Director of Marketing with Hines Interest Limited Partnership (“Hines”). His past responsibilities include office, retail, hotel and strategic land and building acquisitions, development, leasing and new business procurement for the region.
Preceding Hines, Mr. Latessa was the manager of corporate real estate for Kelly Services, Inc. and was responsible for a portfolio in excess of six million square feet. Additionally, Mr. Latessa worked as a broker for Grubb & Ellis specializing in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of office and industrial properties.
- Member - Urban Land Institute
- Member - International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member - CoreNet Global, Former Programs Committee Chairman, Current Young Leader Mentor
- CBRE Americas Strategy Group (ASG) Member - Responsible for direction and strategy for all lines of business of the Americas
- CBRE M&A Committee Member for the Americas – Responsible for all M&A related activity in the Americas
- CBRE Asset Services Award-Premier Property Win – Renaissance Center (2011); Asset Services Award-Square Feet Increase (2012)
- Member of CBRE National Industrial Advisory Board
- Wayne State University, Master of Business Administration
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Business Administration