Chris Bodnar serves as Vice Chairman and Co-Head of CBRE’s Healthcare Capital Markets Group (HCMG) with his business partner Lee Asher. Disciplined in the specialty of Investment Sales, Mr. Bodnar has been involved in the disposition of over 40 million square feet of commercial assets, exceeding a total value of $8 billion dollars on behalf of his clients.
In 2006, Mr. Bodnar founded CBRE’s Healthcare Capital Markets Group. This group specializes in providing healthcare real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and recapitalization strategies; assisting healthcare providers with strategic capital planning (including monetization and capital raising efforts); and advising health systems and physician groups in the developer selection process. He has advised on some of the most notable monetization assignments, including over $1 billion in value on behalf of one of the largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
In 2013, Mr. Bodnar was named the “Healthcare Real Estate Executive of the Year” by Healthcare Real Estate Insights™ (HREI). The HREI Insights Awards™ is the only national awards ceremony dedicated to the healthcare real estate sector. The award was judged based on the “…demonstration of leadership in the healthcare real estate sector, demonstrated excellence in the use of strategy, innovation and creativity, significant contributions to professional healthcare real estate organizations and other contributions including teaching/mentoring, presenting, judging and publishing.”
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Global Capital Markets Leadership Committee
- Full Member – ULI Healthcare & Life Sciences Council
- Vice Chair - BOMA Medical Office Buildings & Healthcare Real Estate Conference
- Member of Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- “Innovators Circle” for National Jewish Health (#1 respiratory hospital in U.S.)
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (Top 100 Producer in the Americas)
- Real Estate Forum and GlobeSt.com “Fifty Under 40” Award Winner
- 2013 Healthcare Real Estate “Executive of the Year” (Healthcare Real Estate Insights)
- 2010 National Award of Excellence Winner – CBRE Private Capital Group
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, emphasis in real estate and marketing