Asieh is a real estate economist with over 24 years industry experience. She currently serves as the Head of Americas Research for CBRE. In that role, she is responsible for directing CBRE’s Americas-based commercial real estate market analysts, advise the Americas leadership and professionals on economic issues, serve as a key spokesperson on the commercial real estate environment and work closely with her CBRE research colleagues around the world. Asieh also sits on CBRE’s Americas Operations Management Committee.
Prior to joining CBRE, she was a Managing Director, Head of Americas Research for RREEF, the real estate arm of Deutsche Asset Management. She joined RREEF in May 1998 after 10 years of industry experience. While at RREEF, she was the global macroeconomist for the RREEF business, supporting investment and acquisition decisions for real estate, infrastructure, and private equity. She was also responsible for analyzing the global economy, and its impact on RREEF fund offerings and strategy. Through her tenure at RREEF, she played a key role in advising clients around the world on the strategic aspects of investing in real estate, infrastructure, and private equity from a macro and micro economic perspective. She sat on the Global Investment Committee, Americas Investment Committee, the Securities Strategic Investment Committee, and the Pan-European Infrastructure Investment Committee.
Prior to joining RREEF, she was senior regional economist with Standard & Poors’ DRI (Data Resources, Inc.) where she was responsible for covering real estate markets and regional economies throughout the US. Prior to DRI, she conducted real estate market analysis and modeling of property markets for F.W. Dodge. She is the author of several applied research works on issues related to the econometric specification of hotels and industrial markets, the performance characteristics of infrastructure investments, the non-normality of real estate returns, hedging risk in real estate investments. She was awarded two manuscript prizes from the American Real Estate Society for published work.
Follow Me on Twitter
- Recipient of two manuscript prizes from the American Real Estate Society (ARES)
- President of the Real Estate Research Institute (RERI): 2009-2011
- RERI Fellow
- Hoyt Fellow
- ARES Fellow
- Editorial Board, Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management Special edition, forthcoming Fall 2011
- Director, Board of Directors, National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
- Winner of REIW’s 2008 Conference Best Speaker Award, Singapore
- Chairman of PREA’s Research Committee, 2009-2010
- Editorial Board, Journal of Sustainable Development
- Treasurer, International Women’s Forum (IWF), Northern California Chapter