Steven has been actively involved in institutional commercial real estate for over 35 years, with transactional experience in U.S. and international markets. His perspective is that of a senior real estate executive that has used his legal and business background in the handling of large domestic and foreign clients' needs in acquisitions, dispositions, highly structured debt and equity transactions and workouts. Since he joined CBRE as partner of a five member team in 1997, he has sold and marketed $4 billion in investment properties.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Brabant gained valuable institutional experience working for a number of highly regarded firms:
- 1996-1997: Private Consulting to institutional, developer and private entities on acquisition, disposition and venture capital needs.
- 1990 to 1996: Citicorp Realty Investment Advisors. Vice President, Regional Director, Member of Investment Committee, Developed and directed investment strategies on behalf of domestic and foreign clients for over $300 million in apartments, retail and office projects in the Western U.S. Deal structures included fee, participating debt and joint ventures.
- 1988 to 1990: The Boston Company Real Estate Counsel. Vice President, Regional Acquisition Director. Established Western Region Acquisition Office, specializing in highly structured equity, joint venture and participating debt transactions. Negotiated over $100 million in transactions involving industrial, retail, office and raw land properties.
- 1983 to 1988: McMahan Realty Advisors. Vice President, Director of Acquisitions, Member of Board of Directors and Investment Committee. Developed and executed acquisition strategies for emerging advisory firm on behalf of pension funds and foreign clients in transactions totaling over $300 million. Extensively involved in capital raising and client management.
- 1978 to 1983: Wells Fargo Realty Advisors. Vice President. Acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions and workouts on behalf of foreign and domestic institutional clients, including U.S. and overseas pension funds and a REIT. Transactional experience totaled over $200 million and was a liaison marketing officer for a commingled U.K. pension fund account.
- 1973 to 1978: BankAmerica Realty Investors, Inc. Assistant Vice President for a bank sponsored, NYSE listed REIT (now BRE). Active in the analysis, development and implementation of workout plans for apartment, hotel, office, retail, industrial and raw land assets in excess of $200 million.
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) 2011 Investment Brokerage Team of
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) 2007 Investment Brokerage Team of
- Named as member of the Lippincott Circle every year since 1998
- Top Phoenix office investment broker and/or team 17 out of 20 years