Jim Trobaugh is a leader in the commercial real estate industry with more than two decades of experience. Mr. Trobaugh creates value utilizing his expertise, relationships and broad base knowledge of site selection, transaction services and client advisory solutions for strategic planning, market assessment and portfolio optimization, all focused at the intersection of labor and real estate.
As one of the founding partners of CBRE’s Labor Analytics Group (“LAG”), Jim has spent the last 15 years developing a specialized practice within CBRE that has led to over 700 site and market evaluation assignments, touring more than 550 cities. These assignments have resulted in job creation well over 122,000 jobs and have driven over $5 billion dollars of labor savings for clients throughout the United States and Canada.
Jim is recognized not only for his consistent top levels of production, but also for his ability to deliver industry-leading analytical tools and analysis. In 2007, his team was recently awarded Corenet Global Innovator’s Award for their development of a risk evaluation tool, known today as LaborPlan™. As a recognized expert in understanding the dynamics of labor markets throughout North America, Jim is frequently called upon to speak at industry events, to author articles on labor trends and as a subject matter expert for the media, including the Wall Street Journal.
- CBRE Top 225 2010-2012
- CoreNet Global annual H. Bruce Russell Global Innovators Award, Global LaborView, 2011
- CBRE Innovation Award for Teaming, 2000 (National) Phoenix office
- Team of the Year Award Corporate Services, 2006
- Top Corporate Services Team, 2005
- Top in Specialty Corporate Services, 2002
- Team of the Year Award, 2000 Most Engagements Award, 2000; 1996-1998
- Lippincott Circle Honoree, 1990-2003
- Chairman’s Club, 2000; 1994-1997
- Professional Excellence Award, 1999
- Opus Top Office Broker of the Year, 1997