Christopher Apone joined CBRE in 2002, as a financial analyst with the Institutional Group, a division of CBRE’s Investment Properties Division that focuses on Institutional clients and transactions. In 2013, he was promoted to First Vice President within CBRE’s Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance Division, the investment banking arm of CBRE. In his current role on the team, Mr. Apone is active in the placement of debt and equity for a
variety of asset types with a focus on multi-family, office, retail and industrial financing. He has handled over $5 billion of capital market transactions during the course of of his career at CBRE, and in 2015 alone, has been involved in over $1.9 bilion in total debt and capital placements with a multitude of correspondent and third party sources including agencies, banks, debt funds, life companies, and Wall Street. Chris has over twelve years of experience in advanced Argus Software modeling and is experienced in underwriting and analyzing a wide variety of property transactions in Excel. In addition, Chris is a Level 2 candidate for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Prior to joining CBRE, Chris worked as a market research analyst for Cushman and Wakefield, performing office and industrial market analysis as well as the production of quarterly marketing reports. While studying for his MBA, Chris worked as a portfolio acquisitions associate for a diversified real estate hedge fund and was responsible for the analysis and investment in over $100 million in profitable Florida real estate tax liens.
- Chris has been involved in over $10.0 billion in real estate sale and finance transactions since joining CBRE in 2002
- 2015 Daily Business Review Top Dealmaker - Office
- 2014 CBRE – Top 25 Producer in State of Florida; Million $ Club; and Financing of the Year
- 2014 Daily Business Review Top Dealmaker - Industrial
- 2012 Daily Business Review Top Dealmaker - Multifamily
- 2009 Winner of NAIOP’s South Florida Office Sale of the Year Award and Finalist for Office Broker of the Year Award