Christopher Apone joined CBRE in 2002, as a financial analyst with the Institutional Group, a division of CBRE’s Investment Properties Division that focuses on Institutional clients and transactions. In 2007, he was promoted to Vice President at CBRE Capital Markets Debt & Equity Finance Division, the investment banking arm of CBRE. In his current role on the team, Mr. Apone is active in the placement of debt and equity for a variety of asset types with a focus on multi-family financing. In addition, Chris has an active role in the team’s marketing efforts for office and industrial asset disposition assignments. Chris has over nine years of experience in advanced Argus Software modeling and is experienced in underwriting and analyzing a wide variety of property transactions in Excel. In addition, Chris is a Level 2 candidate for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Prior to joining CBRE, Chris worked as a market research analyst for Cushman and Wakefield, performing office and industrial market analysis as well as the production of quarterly marketing reports. While studying for his MBA, Chris worked as a portfolio acquisitions associate for a diversified real estate hedge fund and was responsible for the analysis and investment in over $100 million in profitable Florida real estate tax liens.
- Chris has been involved in over $10.0 billion in real estate sale and finance transactions since joining the team in 2002
- 2012 Daily Business Review Top Dealmaker - Multifamily
- 2007 Daily Business Review Top Dealmaker - Office
- South Florida Business Journal’s Best Deal of the Year- Winner 2005, Team Member
- 2007 Winner of NAIOP’s South Florida Broker of the Year Award
- 2009 Winner of NAIOP’s South Florida Office Sale of the Year Award and Finalist for Office Broker of the Year Award
- South Florida Business Journal’s Best Deal of the year award 2009, 2007 Runner-up
- 2008 Terrapin Private Banking Latin America – Real Estate Panel
- 2010 Guest Speaker - Columbia University MSRED Program
- 2007 and 2008 Costar Power Broker Award