A nationally recognized market leader in real estate investment banking, Charles has led CBRE as its Vice Chairman in the capital markets division, dominating the state’s loan activities and defining their presence in Florida. He is responsible for business development and the structuring of complex debt and equity investments throughout the region. Since opening the office, Charles has been involved in the sale and financing of more than 300 investment properties totaling over $8.0 billion in value, including several landmark single asset transactions in excess of $200 million dollars. Widely respected throughout the industry and the firm, Charles has consistently been honored as a recipient of the Colbert Coldwell Circle, which recognizes the top 3% of commissioned salespeople at CBRE. Charles currently serves on the Debt & Equity Finance division’s G-20 leadership council, which functions as the employees’ liaison to senior management on issues of importance to both our clients and the firm, and was the 2005 winner of the CBRE’s Innovation Award for his team's cutting edge business practices. In 2010, he received the following accolades: Top 225 professionals at CBRE; Recipient of the first annual Charles J. Foschini Award for the debt & equity professional that demonstrates a unique ability to reinvent himself and his team with an innovative approach to the business; Spirit Award Winner for CBRE South Florida; and Top 5 CBRE in Florida and #1 Debt & Equity Finance Professional in Florida.
- Coldwell Colbert Circle Award 2002, 2003 and 2005-2007 which recognizes the top 3% of commissioned salespeople at CBRE.
- 2011 – Top 225 CBRE Nationwide; Top 5 CBRE Statewide; and #1 DEF Professional in Florida
- 2010 - Top 225 CBRE Nationwide; Top 5 CBRE Statewide; and #1 DEF Professional in Florida
- 2002-2007 number one CBRE Debt & Equity broker in the Southeast. A perennial top producer, Charles has ranked as high as number two nationally at CBRE DEF and among Top 20 CBRE Employees Worldwide.
- 2009 and 2010 Top Florida Producer for Freddie Mac
- 2010 Winner of CBRE’s Charles Foschini Makeover Award, in recognition of the transformation of the team’s business model
- 2005 Winner of CBRE’s Innovation Award, in recognition to the team that has introduced a new or improved business practices, models or technological applications, that has made a material positive difference to clients, the firm and them.
- 2001 CB Richard Ellis’ “Outstanding Achievement Award”.
- BOMA Award for Hurricane Preparedness.
- NAIOP Asset Manager of the Year-first runner up.
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami, School of Law.
- A nationally recognized speaker in real estate investment banking and finance Charles has spoken before the ULI, ICSC, MBA, NAIOP, IMN, and RealShare among many other organizations.