In her position as Global Director, Human Resources and Workplace Strategy, Laura O’Brien oversees CBRE’s worldwide human resources operations encompassing approximately 37,000 employees. Her areas of responsibility include employee relations, staffing and recruitment, talent management, and compensation and benefits. She also has responsibility for Global Facilities, overseeing the planning and execution of lease transactions for company offices, and managing facilities capital spend, on a global level. This includes responsibility for CBRE’s Workplace Strategy initiative, Workplace360.
In her prior role as Senior Vice President, Special Projects, Ms. O’Brien partnered with CBRE senior executive leadership to implement the company’s strategic priorities in the Americas and around the globe. These projects included the globalization of certain business lines and shared services functions.
She is a member of the company’s Global Operating Committee and a member of the Americas Operating Management Board. Ms. O’Brien also co-chairs the operating committee of the CBRE Foundation, the company’s philanthropic entity.
Prior to her roles in shared services, Laura O’Brien had a full career as a sales professional. She began her sales career in both agency leasing, transitioning into tenant representation and finally into corporate services. When she joined CBRE in 1991 she became an account manager for occupier clients with global real estate portfolios. Her account teams provided transaction management, project management, facilities management and portfolio management services to these multi-national companies.
Before joining CBRE, Ms. O'Brien co-owned and managed a boutique real estate company that specialized in commercial brokerage services, property management, appraisal, construction management and development services.
- Wall Street Journal, 1999 – "New Breed of Broker"
- Los Angeles Times, Living Section, 2001 – "Air Com"
- Good Morning America, 2001 – "The Long Commute"
- Los Angeles Times, 2001 – "Back in the Air"
- Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine, 2001 – "Freedom"
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle, 2000 & 2001
- CBRE Benjamin Arthur Banker, 2003 & 2006 – "Educational Excellence Award"
- CBRE 2006 & 2008 - "Manager Innovation Award"
- CBRE Women’s Network, 2009 – ‘Endurance of Spirit Award’