Mark D. Taylor is the Market Leader for CBRE Houston's Investor Services Businesses that include Brokerage, Investment Properties, Capital Markets, Debt and Structured Finance, and Asset Services business units.
Mr. Taylor oversees a team of real estate professionals that provide solutions and create value for owners of over 50 million square feet of office, industrial and retail space, serving Institutional owners, developers, property users and real estate investors throughout the Houston/Gulf Coast region. Mark is responsible for ensuring clients’ brokerage, real estate management, property disposition, financing, and property acquisition requirements are met across specialties to include office, industrial, retail, multifamily, hotels, and land. In addition, Mr. Taylor oversees CBRE’s Hotels business unit that includes CBRE Hotels Consulting, Investment Sales, and Debt and Structured Finance. In addition, Mr Taylor leads the Healthcare Services practice in Houston, responsible for the leasing, property management, construction management, site selection, and other real estate services for Houston’s two leading healthcare providers.
Mr. Taylor joined CBRE in 2007 as a result of the company’s acquisition of Trammell Crow Company. In 2004, Mr. Taylor joined Trammell Crow Company, and as Principal, he was responsible for various business units in the Houston/Gulf Coast Region. Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Taylor was Vice President of Operations for BMC Software, an S&P 500 company for 12 years, where he was responsible for worldwide business operations and corporate real estate. Mark was also responsible for developing BMC’s 1.5 million SF Houston campus, real estate transactions globally, and build-to-suit projects worldwide. Prior to BMC, Mark was with JP Morgan/Chase for 9 years in a number of roles including Corporate Banking Officer, Credit Division Vice President, Senior Real Estate Asset Manager, and Member of the Loan and Discount Committee.
- Every Village, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Chairman of the Board, Westchase District
- NAIOP-Houston Board of Directors
- Boys and Girls Country, Board of Directors, past member
- Executive Service Corps, Board of Directors, past member
- Theater Under the Stars, Board of Directors, past member
- Texas A&M MBA, Advisory Board of Directors
- Texas A&M Masters in Real Estate, Advisory Board Member
- Rice University Building Institute, Advisory Board Member
- Planning and Zoning Commission, Spring Valley, Tx., past member
- Deacon, Second Baptist Church, Houston (SBC), Vice Chairman
- SBC Budget and Planning Committee Chairman
- Second Baptist School Chairman - Annual Campaign
- Houston Country Club
- Memorial High School Athletic Booster Club, President