Chris Bodnar joined CBRE in 2003 and is a Senior Vice President of the Investment Properties division and co-leads the CBRE Healthcare Capital Markets Group with his business partner Lee Asher. Disciplined in the specialty of Investment Sales, Mr. Bodnar has been involved in the disposition of over 6 million square feet of commercial assets, exceeding a total value of $1.5 billion dollars on behalf of its clients.
In 2006, Mr. Bodnar formed CBRE’s Healthcare Capital Markets Group (HCMG). This group specializes in providing healthcare real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and recapitalization strategies; assisting healthcare providers with strategic capital planning (including monetization and capital raising efforts); and advising health systems and physician groups in the developer selection process.
In 2011, Mr. Bodnar embarked on the company’s first countrywide tour where he lived in four of the largest markets in the United States – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and New York City – in an effort to immerse himself in each market for an extended period of time. During the course of his trip, Mr. Bodnar met with hundreds of organizations, furthering relationships with some the nation’s largest health systems, physician groups, private equity firms and real estate investors.
- Founder of the CBRE Healthcare Capital Markets Group (HCMG)
- Advisory Board Member of the Healthcare Real Estate Insights publication
- Planning Committee for the BOMA Healthcare Facilities Group
- Member of Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- “Innovators Circle” for National Jewish Health (#1 respiratory hospital in U.S.)